Mechs Vs. Tanks

Seth

mechs are kewl in emperor but in real life a mech would prolly be utter crap. :P I mean think about it. A big machine that takes forever to get around because it has to slowly plod around the battlefeild. I cant really see the strategic advantage of a mech(except maybe for urban combat). But this is a game so it doesnt have to be realistic(which is a good thing cuz if it was it would be pretty boring). I guess its kinda like the Kirov in Ra2. In real life it would be suicide to go to war in a giant zeppelin but its just plain kewl ;D. As far as eb4d goes though mechs have the upper hand for the most part

yeah maybe in the future something like a mech would be easier to make. And it may have some kind of advantage like being way up high and being able to see the whole battle around you ;D, i dunno, thats kinda why i thought a mech might be good for urban combat cuz you can see everything at once, but infantry would prolly be better. or better yet like yall said just blast it from afar with artillery 8)

well let us look at history. It has had tanks in urban warfare so why not mechs? and if you look at the battle tech universe mechs replace tanks basically and take part in all kinds of warfare and have better terrain coverage. Although it doesn't matter. mechs=tanks in the battle tech universe. They replace the role of tanks.

Ok We have to admit that tanks are as good as mechs but Mechs have their advantages They have the elevation and They have good strides.... While tanks can out maneuver the mechs cause they have tracks and good mobility... So IMO they both are equal