how do I defeat gunsengs troops

Big D

>:(in the level were you get to choose between copec and gunseng I chose copec.

I was trown in utter chaos. the narrating woman drove me absolutely nuts with her '' building lost'' and '' the base is under attack'' (as if I don't see that >:( :O)

so the enemy came from all directions and before I knew it, all my buildings were gone except the palace and some units.

how in tarnation am I supposed to defeat this >:( ???

You should have picked Gunseng.....

One its alot easier to beat the mission when you are on offence. Two Gunseng is alot cooler and more compitent to lead House Harkonnen than his fat ass bumbling brother Copec.....

But anyways..... ;D

I like Copec for his brutality ;D

I don't have time to give a comprehensive guide right now, but here are a few pointers:

1. Scout out the entrances to your base at the start of the game. You want to be able to see the enemy coming, and see what they're going to throw at you. Don't let yourself be surprised.

2. Pay attention to your radar. You'll be attacked from many directions very quickly, and there's really no time to waste.

3. Train an Engineer, and position him next to the Palace in case you need to repair it in an emergency.

4. The west entrance (and the one that's closest to your palace) should be blocked off by gun turrets positioned so they can fire on units coming through the choke point. Back them up with Devastators, or you may not have enough firepower to hold off attacks from this direction.

5. The north entrance where only infantry attack from can easily be held by Flame Tanks, and Flame turrets. If you're sadistic, you can use Inkvines to force fire continuously on the small entrance just after the small causeway that the infantry run across to access the north entrance to your base. Light it up with a Flame Tank, and let your Inkvines keep fueling the fires. Nothing will get through the raging inferno.

6. The east entrance to your base can be blocked off by gun turrets positioned so that they can fire at units crossing the bridge. Backed up by a combination of Buzzsaws, Assault Tanks, and Missile Tanks, if you get some units watching this area early, you shouldn't have too much trouble keeping units out from this direction. Direct Missile Tanks to fire onto enemy Assault Tanks, Buzzsaws to kill enemy infantry (and act as distractions for the enemy vehicles), and Assault Tanks to do the dirty work if any vehicles get close enough. If the enemy hits your units/turrets with Inkvines, move out and destroy them.

7. Missile Tanks and Troopers can be very effective at stopping any Gunships that make it past the gun turrets, and even if they don't succeed in stopping them all, they're sure to take a few down before they have to pause to reload.

8. You start with a good amount of cash, so don't waste time. You should be rolling units out of your production facilities, upgrading buildings, and building more base right off the bat.

9. Don't forget about your starport! Units can often be found cheaper at the starport, and it comes in handy when your factory/factories is/are tied up building units.

To sum up, go heavy on defence. Decide what you want and need, what needs to be done to keep the enemy out, and do it. Time is critical here, and if you're not ready and organized early, you can be wiped out quite quickly. Once you have secured your base, it's a simple matter of scouting out Gunseng's base. Once you find it, drop the Death Hand on clusters of turrets, or windtrap farms, so you can deliver Devastators to his front door. Or, just find a gap in his air defence and exploit it. Once you reach this stage, the rest of the game is simply a standard mop-up procedure.