Brian Herbert Interview Questions

Inoculator9

Don't forget to credit those who contributed questions that you used. No need to cite the individual questions, just write a small thing at the bottom listing who came up with all the questions, including yourself. "Questions contributed by: Inoculator, Chani, Egeides, etc."

I believe you missed doing that last time.

The last time the questions were all actually ones I'd come up with myself... rather than seem rude, I simply never mentioned that fact. There is a vaguely similar situation here... but there will be several people credited.

?

You sure of that buddy? I counted, and 8 of the 15 you sent to Byron plus 2 of the 20 sent to Brian are ones I gave you ;), I didn't check others contributions.

No matter whether you used one or ten questions from someone, you still have to credit them.

That's not the point. I would have prefered not saying this... but I thought up all of the same questions prior to sending it. I didn't get any new ideas from the thread, so I made polite comments rather than say that. You did give the ideas for 3 of these questions, so you will be credited in this interview.

So, I know what you're saying and I agree with it, but it doesn't matter when considering the situation.

That's not the point. I would have prefered not saying this... but I thought up all of the same questions prior to sending it. I didn't get any new ideas from the thread, so I made polite comments rather than say that. You did give the ideas for 3 of these questions, so you will be credited in this interview.

So, I know what you're saying and I agree with it, but it doesn't matter when considering the situation.

For future reference, if you thought of a question before someone else posted it, be sure to say so right at the time. Don't worry about hurting anyones feelings, no one is that thin skinned, and not saying it right at the time can possibly get you in a lot of trouble down the road, as you will have no proof that you came up with the idea, and all the evidence will point to the other person being the originator of the idea. This isn't just for something little, like an e-mail interview with a writer, but for any and everything you write, otherwise you could be charged with various forms of fraud.

You have to be both careful in giving credit where it is due and also protecting what ideas are your won. Not doing either can get you in a lot of trouble.

Better to be carefull than sued;)