Command and Conquer Combat pack

Terror

Okay, recently i bought the Command and Conquer Combat pack, containing:

Command and Conquer Tiberian sun

Command and Conquer Tiberian sun: Firestorm

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Renegade

The stupid thing is that on the backside of the box, there are screenshots of a game that actually ISN'T in the box, as those are screenshots from C&C Generals. Ofcourse i knew this so this is not realy a problem, although it might fool some people, kinda stupid IMO. don't get me wrong though, it's a great combat pack.

Anyway, my real question is: Like i said, i just got C&C Tiberian Sun Firestorm, and i heard and saw that it has a world domination feature, sounds terrific, excellent, great... take your pic. But when i tried to start it, it told me that there were no servers available.

So is this option no longer available? Or are the world dominaion servers temporarily down. Hope anyone still plays firestorm so he might know this.

actually what IS it about C&C game boxes, there are always the STUPIDEST screenshots on them, usually of when the game was in beta testing and youre never going to see anythign like that in the game. the manuals are usually wrong in some way too. like they put the wrong pictures with the wrong unit explanations. idiots....

What's worst, those screenshots are usually from prealpha versions. On TS box we see fully different style of interface, few units which aren't used (altough there must be thousand mods with them) and such. And World Domination: Cavedog runs such thing for Total Annihilation still yet today. Galactic War takes 6th year now, I think.

What's worst, those screenshots are usually from prealpha versions. On TS box we see fully different style of interface, few units which aren't used (altough there must be thousand mods with them) and such. And World Domination: Cavedog runs such thing for Total Annihilation still yet today. Galactic War takes 6th year now, I think.

What? I knew there was such a thing for Total Annihilation kingdoms, but i thought that was taken down when cavedog was gone, along with boneyards.net

The screenshots on tibsun box is indeed from an alpha version, featuring a heavy tank like unit, and the mammoth mk1. I know realy dumb, but the game box is even worse, Generals screenshots instead of screenshots fo the games that are actually in the box

Kingdoms is out, I don't even know anybody who played it, but original TA is still played. Altough I don't know wheter Galactic War is run by those as before. Ask Tenzul, he sometimes visits this site, I know he was playing there (weird one - always played for Arm ;D ).

About that Mammoth, we can be glad Westwood made so few protections from modding...

Well i played it, and i know a whole community who played it.

And yeah, i know tibsun is easy to mod, in fact the mammoth mk1 is standard in Tibsun, you can easily put it in the game with a rules.ini file, even though, i think tiberian sun is great without the mods. I pissed on it until half a year ago, now i love it whahah ;D

i think firestorm gave TS a well needed kick up the backside to be honest, CABAL was the best character EVER IMHO. yeah, unoriginal plot but who cares, he that the coolest bass voice ever....

but yeah i have loads of mods for TS, ultima was good, gave you that stupidly powerful giant Defender cyborg. for $10000......

but yes there are still diehard TA fans out there, dunno how easy it is to start playing again cos im a newbie in every way practically and these are the scarily good guys.....but yes galactic wars still going on, gamespy arcade has about 60 TA players there too.

Yeah the combat pack looks good.....

I have all those games though, got them seperatally except for TS and FS, they came in a pack....

All the games in the pack are fun, each one has its own special trait that makes it unique and fun. Out of all the games in there I would say I like Tiberian Sun the best, TS was great, awsome to play , the colors were cool and the cutscenes were awsome. You really got into the campaign...

Il stop now because this isent a thread about TS.

Anyways , the pack looks like a good value....

Tiberian Sun wasn't best, best was Dune II, TS is second for me ;D But Firestorm isn't needed if you don't have mood for campaign, all you need is original game, patch 2.03 and a little addon

Sometimes I think they should not make so many "packs" with old games, why not include a CD with the best mods? See for example Freelancer, Microsoft made for it about 20 ships: but modding community added about hundred new, some of them of even higher quality (Bird of Prey...)!

I prefer Cabal over EVA but Cabal was really stupid when he got all "kill you all im the boss now"

Cabals voice is really cool and he was awsome when he was loyal to NOD but when he changed I dident like him.....

Maybe thats cause im loyal to NOD.....

silence*.......

FOR KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

They can all be played online. But C&C Tiberian Sun Firestorm's World Domination feature is no longer available, and for red alert 2 perhaps too (i don't know though). And renegade ofcourse is still working online very well, except for the usual high latency