Emperor will not start under windows XP Home Edition

Guest alphadreas

Guest alphadreas

I'm trying to run emperor on my computer. Everything runs great. The auto update was successful. However, whenever I try to run the game, it brings up the opening window my screen goes blank and then cuts back into windows as though nothing happened.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and I have the most recent version of Emperor. I have the newest drivers for my video card (Mobility Radeon 7500). I also have directx 9.

Can anyone help me out?

Guest alphadreas

Thank you for you help. I have solved the problem.

I unistalled Emperor battle for dune and also NAV. I reinstalled Emperor and it worked fine. Then I installed NAV and the same problem occured. I unistalled NAV and installed Mcafee version 7 and everything is running great. no problem what so ever.

Thank you for your help

The reason why you in some cases have to uninstall Norton AV is that is conflicts with Dune emperor. You will need to uninstall both and then reinstall Emperor.

It's not really a great thing, althouh more software applilcations are suffering from this .. .

Re-Sgt Killjoy, do you have the full retail version of Norton or a trial version.

If you have a full version contact Symantec.com support maybe they can help ?

They are already aware of the issue, yet haven't done anything as of yet about it.

SGT Killjoy, the uninstall of NAV is just to identify if it really causes the problem. If it is, we do have the fix with which you can run EBFD AND NAV...