Diablo II 1.10 patch

Anathema

There are a few probs with the patch, hence why it's still in Beta. On the other hand:

1) They are still patching a game which was released ages ago (bravo !).

2) They do not release a buggy patch (EA take an example).

I hven't stopped playing. I still play every now and then..

Last update I've seen on diabloii.net was version 1.10s, with all those synergized skills, recipes and uniques. But it is still horribly unbalanced. Yes, finally you can fire a bone spear for 200 damage, but it is ineffective. They should test on lower levels than lvl 99 on hell... But who would, when Blizzard quickly released such character saves just after the patches? I will rather wait for final.

http://www.diabloii.net/cgi-bin/download/quickdl.cgi?fl=ftp://212.67.120.251/patches/diablo2/LOD_Beta_110s.exe

• 3 weeks later...

As stated, it was released on Oct 28. It's pretty nice so far. Aside from the much-hyped game changes there are lots of server changes and the Bnet interface is more practical now. A lot of the balance issues are resolved too. The game is harder but it's not insanely harder like in the beta where a lvl 99 werebear with full oak sage would die in a few spear hits.

• 2 weeks later...

Diablo II became harder, but perfectly balanced for level raising. Experience comes quicker, spells can be empowered by other ones, so if you put 10 points to teeth you won't have to whine at loss, and what is best, upgrading devices (gems, jewels, runes) are everywhere, so you can do anything you want. I've already made a new necromancer and a hardcore paladin, which are after five years on high levels (necro 12, paladin 15) in fact they just have faced Countess! And if only once, I've returned to her about five times with each, she always drop runes! If you think LoD was the best datadisc ever made, 1.10 is the best patch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, I think its a shame that they are altering the game so massively, when it has been out for 3 years now. The thing with Diablo 2 was that as soon as you started editing your game saves, giving yourself items and experience, the fun went. I think they should maybe think about Diablo 3, instead of still mucking about with Diablo 2.

Valve made that mistake with Half-Life and Steam... and don't get me started on that disaster...  ;)

The game has improved a lot since the patch. True, it's harder, but that has made me play it regulary again. I really like the patch 1.10.

And as for Diablo 3... there is a small chance that it might come. The end of Diablo 2: LoD is kinda open and has left an inventation for a sequal...