WHY is Emperor so slow over the internet?

mushman29

Why is Emperor so slow over the Internet? I use a Broadband line and it's no better than my old PCs 36.6K modem!!!  Is there any way to speed it up... or is it just my speed being lowered because my opponent has a slow modem (and why dont Westwood remove that feature? Fairer matching, OK, but why must I be slowed down?).......  :( PS Because of this I barely play online anymore...

The game speed does not rely on download/upload speed, as many people think (though the connection errors are there because bad connections, not slow) But the game speed relies on the settings of graphics. It does not matter that much how good your video card is. I have 64 mb. But still it runs not fast if I put all options to optimal. So it makes much difference if you out the shadows off. Try it. I think it will be slow sometimes because people don't do that. But don't kick people becuase of a slow connection. That is very arrogant of the people who do that. Cause also people who must dial-up have rights to play. (No pointing at you ;))