loyal to generals

darkfir3s

In some ways i agree with what u r sayin Nav but i think the part about bugs isnt true u CAN direct where your harvs go if u know how to. Ill show u if u want and i dont mean way points.

how, exactly? tell me now? if you say you can manually tell them where to go, then they automatically go all over the place again after they make their next dropoff. if you know how to control them, tell me how right here in this thread and i will refute you. if you try to rebutt my refutal, then i will prove you wrong on WOL. start talking, i'm all ears.

i think generals is one of the most unbalanced games...i mean comon chinese have the best super weapon the best tank and if u use em right they r downright powerful.

emp on the other hand has it so you can be any team and still win in different ways.example:if u like rushing and hit and runs ord..whats generals...example:to win be china ;D so gimme a break emp is #1 unless generals straightens out the teams with zero hour...ive pre-ordered it so id like to see it.

and nav i agree with you ;)

in that in generals the sides are balanced because you cant nick another sides generals abilities so it remains balanced regardless. whereas in emp you can have a fair few combos of houses and subhouses, some of which do tip the balance. imho ordos seems to be generally weaker than the other houses, combine that with some of the subhouses like fremen or sardaukar and you might have it a bit more like atreides and harkonnen, but you wont always have that combo. and consequently you can make the other houses stronger. plus the fact that air units are far better implemented in generals anyway....

yep tis just one sweeping statement after another for me. meh....

and i agree with dukeleto by da bye......

i think we were asking you for *SPECIFICS* ::)

tell me just one example of how Emperor is unbalanced. one specific example of something you could do to me in Emperor which would make the game unbalanced, and you can presume that i am using whatever House you wish. or vice versa.

i know that you can not even provide one example, or you would have done so already. if you can't backup your own silly statements, like that "Emp is unbalanced", then your statement is meaningless.

care to back that up with some specifics? what *EXACTLY* about Emp is unbalanced? you have dug yourself into an un-escapable whole with that one.

to DukeLeto: yes, the bugs in Emperor are extremely prevalent and in a match of two elite players, they fundamentally ruin the gameplay. if you think that bugs in Emperor are not prevalent, then it is because you do not have an understanding of just how important every bit of *CONTROL* over your harvesting and army is to an RTS. the bugs in Emperor take away the ability to *FAIRLY* control your harvesting and units and therefore make the game turn from contest of skill into an exercise in bug-exploiting. ::) if you were an elite player who knew house Atreides well, then you would be shouting about this issue just as loudly as i do, guaranteed.

it is true that EA is a monopoly, but still, we should try to avoid EA games at all costs and look to games that are published by someone else

oh yeah, the interface of Generals SUCKS. just like the interface of War3 sucks. Generals is a War3 wannabe. no RTS interface will ever come anywhere close to matching the brilliance of the Dune 2/Emperor interface. to be good at Generals or War3, most of your time is spent *STRUGGLING WITH A CLUNKY INTERFACE* instead of performing strategies or microing like is done in the Dune RTS games

Did you even read my post?

1. EA IS NOT A MONOPOLY!

2. I know house Atreides inside and out. Not once have I seen anybody, say, pick up a crate 14,000 times. (Think TFT Tome bug here...)

3. Go play Dune 2, and tell me whose interface Generals is based on.

well i thought i was being specific, guess not.

how is what i said not being specific? im not saying do what i suggested and you'll always win, im saying do what i suggested and you will make one side more likely to win. which for me is unbalancing. in ra2, it didnt matter what side you picked tis your tactics that win the game because everything fitted together perfectly. and the fact is in emp some combos of houses and subhouses just dont even up. which basically means unfair advantage.

but hey, thats probly not specific so meh.....

and on reflection my comment bout the air units was unfair.

Tio im sorry to say you have no idea what your talking about, EMP is even u just havent been playin long enough.

I would say every house has a good counter to an oppisite house u need to learn how to counter there attack, like using sards vs hark and frem vs atr and more facs vs ordos once u learn this stuff its very equal. :)

When u have played the game 2 years as most of us have then come to us and tell us its not even, after 2 years u would say that all the houses and sub houses r fair.

tio - yes, you are right that some House/Sub-House combos are better than others. however, that does not make Emp unbalanced. it just means that the good players will be smart enough to choose a good combination. if someone chooses a lousy combination, then that is his own fault for being stupid.

and in any case, every combination of House/Sub-Houses has it's weaknesses. for example, i usually take ATR/Fremen/Guild. this leaves me vulnerable at a certain point in the game. i could take Sards instead of Guild, but that would leave me vulnerable at a *different* point in the game.

in the QM system you could not see the enemy's Sub-House beforehand, so your combination may or may not be able to work against your enemy seeing as it would depend on his Sub-House, House, and what units he chooses to build.

there is no combination of House/Sub-Houses that you can tell me is overpowered, seeing as each combo has strengths and weaknesses. the only mostly-useless house is Tlieaxu but even that can have some use at a certain point in the game. all the Houses and Sub-Houses are *good* - you don't have very many RTS games on the market with so many viable strategic options. Emperor is not *bad* or unbalanced because it is complex; just the opposite

to Duke: EA is not technically a monopoly - but *CLOSE ENOUGH*.

if you know Atreides inside out as you claim to, then you have experienced games in which your harvesting has went all over the map against your will. to two or three different spice fields where you did *NOT* want them to go. if you have never lost harvesters due to this, then you have never played vs. a good player. if you want an example, here is one of dozens i could provide: try playing on Canyon Channel. if you are Atreides and start in the top-left rock, your harvesting will immediately go in front of your base, and around to the back. but your base only has one entrance, and to reach the back with a reasonable defense as Atreides will take ages due to the way the rock juts out and makes you walk allllllllllllllllllll the way around. simple fact is: Hark or Ordos can get to that harvesting long before you can, and utterly destroy you. if you tell me that you can Win as Atreides in this situation - then your opponent sucks. there is *NO* other explanation. i dare you to go try what i said here, then come back and tell me that the bugs in Emperor are not prevalent.

@ NAV about harvesting rushing

I think u really underestimate sand bikes and ligth inf. U r always telling Atr has to go allllllll the way to there and it takes so much time. I think u mass minos to fast or u are a bad defender.

If u r talking about that 1 mino u have at start... well speed is its weakness, but it makes it balanced. Coz the missile launcher has bad armour and the kobra cant hit carryals -well... only when they pick harvs up- and has to deploy to have better effect. The trick is to destroy the missile launcher or kobra when hes hitting ur harvesting.

You can say he has a better combo when he rushes to ur spice, like kobra + dust + gazz or missile launcher + buzz + inf

*BUT*

2. Ur mino is slower to the spice but ur other units will b faster coz its closer, plus bikes and ligth inf are pretty fast.

1. When he attacks ur harvesters or carryals will distract the enemy and u will stop the rush easy , even from a eliteplayer.

Thats why i think it is pretty dumb to rush spice vs an eliteplayer coz ur units will b distracted and at the same time be owned by the him.

An elite atr player has really *NO* problems to stop harvesting rush. I guess u arent an that good as u claim to b... but that i guessed a long time ago when u kept ducking my challenges and many many from other players . *SAD* but true.