Dune(1984) Director's cut

Tezcatlipoca

I was curious if anyone knew where I might be able to obtain a (preferbly new and official) copy of the director's cut of Lynch's 1984 Dune with a Region 1 compatability. Mind you, I don't mean the "extended television" version, I mean the more obnoxiously hard to find Director's Cut. I heard the most readily availible one is a japanese version, but I assume that that may just be in japanese, and that it probably doesn't have Region 1 compatability.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think there is an official Director's cut...yet. :'(

The Japanese disc contains both the theatrical and TV version which is why it is so long!! i.e. two movies strung together, NOT a 5 hour version of one movie.

There is a "Special Edition" from Sanctuary coming out on October 6th (at least in the UK).

Details are vague at the moment as it seems to be listed as both Region 2 and Region 0 and is given a running time of 177 mins!!

This is not the TV version (disowned by Lynch) but the running time could be a mistake?

The theatrical cut was about 130 mins so if the listing is correct we will get an extra 47 mins!!

Hope so! 8)

Details here:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000082006