My Empy, it is...dying?

DukeLeto

I have a bit of a problem:

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I come back after a while of not working on CR2, and what do I see?! This! WTF is going on? I haven't changed a thing since the last time I've played it. All of the maps do the same thing.

Edit: Oh, thank goodness. It does it even with CR2 uninstalled. I guess it's my Empy, and not the mod. Let me try reinstalling.

Edit 2: Even a fresh install to a new folder, without installing CR2, did not help. guess I'd better take this to Tech Support.

i have tried jiggling weith the graphics settings, restarting my compy, all that jazz. No luck.

Could be the fact that I am almost sleeping behind me pc or that I havn't seen Emperor on my own PC in a while. .. but what should I be noticing ? :-

If it is a problem related to grafics, not shure what temperature it is where your pc is at, over here there are a lot of overheated systems. If your grafics card is overheated it can do show some wierd things.

Could be the fact that I am almost sleeping behind me pc or that I havn't seen Emperor on my own PC in a while. .. but what should I be noticing ? :-

If it is a problem related to grafics, not shure what temperature it is where your pc is at, over here there are a lot of overheated systems. If your grafics card is overheated it can do show some wierd things.

What do you expect at 4am ;D

Anyways, the pic shows some of the ground being lghter of color then the rest (hopefully I'm right).

Duke, could you attach your dxdiag ?

what changed since this problem started ?

Anyways, the pic shows some of the ground being lghter of color then the rest (hopefully I'm right).

Yeah, the ground should look like it does under the con yard and windtrap. However, most of it is the really bad quality that th rest of the pic shows.

what changed since this problem started ?

That's the thing: All I've done is perhaps update DirectX.

I'm completely UTD through Windows Update. My DXDiag is attached.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

1. Just delete the whole folder? Will that affect anything else?

2. VIA chipsets...what? Like I said, it's all up to date through Windows Update.

3. NAV 2002. I've had NAV 2002 installed since the day we bought the computer and have never had any problems with it. I can say with a great degree of certainty that's not the problem.

1. Just delete the whole folder? Will that affect anything else?

2. VIA chipsets...what? Like I said, it's all up to date through Windows Update.

3. NAV 2002. I've had NAV 2002 installed since the day we bought the computer and have never had any problems with it. I can say with a great degree of certainty that's not the problem.

1) All that's in the folder.. And it most likely will not affect anything, but it's a lot of space that's not being used.. There have been a few instances which were affected by having a large temp folder..

2) Your VIA chipset drivers will not be updated via Windows update (as far as I am aware). What kind of motherboard do you have ?

3) I know the 2002 isn't the problem. I just noticed you had NAV running and I was just curious what version it was :)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Didn't help. (Although my computer seems to run a little faster.)

2. My mobo: http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&cc=us&lc=en&prodId=hppavilion72453&docName=bph08116&cat=prodinfo

Where/how would I update these VIA drivers?

Also, attached is a pic where all of the ground looks like most of it does in the other...To get this new one, I set graphics down to 640x480. If that helps.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

VIA drivers.

Out of curiosity, did you try running win win98 compatibility mode ?

1. Didn't help.

2. Yes, and 95, and NT.

Cyborg: Yup, like I said, I've tried all of the different graphics settings.

Forunately, this seems to be a solely superficial problem that doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

So it's just graphical, but you can play without probs ?

Right now I'm not able to pin point the exact problem. Your video card shouldn't be any problem to run the game. Was this Nvidia card installed the previous time you played EBFD ?

The only thing I could think of, is that it might be a setting in your BIOS. The video card you have is AGP 8x, while your motherboard supports 4x max. This shouldn't be a problem, but you'll never know.

It's funny, because I had the exact same problem on one of my computers a long time ago.

I can't remember how I got rid of it though, but it was either by reinstalling, change of graphics or new graphic drivers.