[RELEASE] D2K_Hammerfest

Feda

As I said on the "any new missions bla bla" topic, I was working on a kinda different type of mission. Atreides vs Harkonnen, with fully constructed bases but no ConYards, so that every building is important.

A screenshot:

2w25746.png

The Ordos will act as Harkonnens, in case you're wondering.

This is a mod-in-a-map, so there will be modded units/structures, for the full changelog please READ THE README FILE!

Any bugs/issues, please tell me. I hope you like it ;)

D2K_Hammerfest.zip

• Upvote 2

The engineers did their job. Once you capture a construction yard and manage to maintain it till you build a couple of turrets around it, the battle is yours. Go for the refineries before that to drain their money. I may have lost almst all my turrets but it was a piece of cake when I managed to place my attacking forces on the spot of enemy receiving half a dozen of devastators as reinforcements.

Thanks! I'm planning to upload a slightly different version soon, with some changes in units/structures and maybe more modded stuff. I'm planning to focus on this mission as it's something different than most of the campaigns/missions :D

If you have any ideas about what to change feel free to mention them.

• Upvote 2

@athanasios yes i'm aware but AI makes too many harvs, they deplete the spice very fast. Not sure I can fix that ;o unless someone finds a way to edit the number of harvies each AI can make.

Yes hawker I was thinking about adding SP(only one) and reducing the Medium Tank build speed to default. I'm also thinking to include one new unit but dunno what so far :D

I'll replace MCV (in starport purchase list) with deviator.

About the AI harvs problem I can give them almost infinite money to make sure they won't run out of money. Or I can reduce the number of AI refs so they'll reduce the num of harvies as well, and give them like 40000 starting creds.

I'll either remove engineers or make them a medic/mechanic (heals inf and/or reps tanks) - this one is probably impossible - or reduce their health so they die faster. If i can find a way to make CY not capturable then engies will stay with their current settings. I dont want ppl to capture CY and I totally forgot about this aspect when I created the mission LOL .

Suggestions?

• Upvote 1

@athanasios yes i'm aware but AI makes too many harvs, they deplete the spice very fast. Not sure I can fix that ;o unless someone finds a way to edit the number of harvies each AI can make.

Yes hawker I was thinking about adding SP(only one) and reducing the Medium Tank build speed to default. I'm also thinking to include one new unit but dunno what so far :D

I'll replace MCV (in starport purchase list) with deviator.

About the AI harvs problem I can give them almost infinite money to make sure they won't run out of money. Or I can reduce the number of AI refs so they'll reduce the num of harvies as well, and give them like 40000 starting creds.

I'll either remove engineers or make them a medic/mechanic (heals inf and/or reps tanks) - this one is probably impossible - or reduce their health so they die faster. If i can find a way to make CY not capturable then engies will stay with their current settings. I dont want ppl to capture CY and I totally forgot about this aspect when I created the mission LOL .

Suggestions?

Well change the byte for cy making it only repairable.. It's ther in tibed.. In capturable buildings the value will be 7, repairable only 4, nonrepairable and non capturable 0..

• Upvote 3

Well change the byte for cy making it only repairable.. It's ther in tibed.. In capturable buildings the value will be 7, repairable only 4, nonrepairable and non capturable 0..

That's awesome, thanks for the info!

• Upvote 1

feda you can replace the engineers with fremes but not stealth :D

I could remove fremens from Palace and add them for barracks (stealthed or non-stealthed, doesn't matter) and add Death Hand for atreides palace. I know that it doesn't fit but it's a modded mission, it doesn't have to be like the stock game right? ;D 

• Upvote 2

Do not add infinite money:

The trick is to collect all your available army immediately at startup of the game and attack to destroy refineries and CYs.

Troopers and Quads are lethal weapons when you protect them.

Remove/replace engineers. (Maybe replace with a type of saboteurs that are quite expensive (x4) and take more time to produce (x4)?-and add some more opponent turrets in the south of the map?)

Do not add Devastator in Starport/Do not add starport at all. Sonic tanks suffice.

If you want to make it easier:

reduce the construction time of Sonics (but increase their price).

(make barracks already produce troopers but upgrade needed for saboteurs)

A bunch of nice suggestions. I like the saboteur one. Yeah engies aren't needed so I'll either give them saboteur ability or replace them with the ordos saboteur.

Umm I didn't plan to add devas to starport purchase list at all. I wanted to add deviator. It would be available to all sides. But I'm not sure if i should add any starport at all.

I could perhaps add fremens to barracks and add death hand to palace, what do u guys think about this? (if the fremens will be available at barr then the buffs i gave them will be gone)

About nuclear harv's suggestion, Idk if selecting DHM without a crash is possible, and then I'd rather let the nuke do it's job. So I'm not going to add that selectable nuke.

I wanna drastically decrease the build time of the airstrike and decrease its damage, so it'll be a support power and not a superweapon (this is if I add Death Hand to Atreides palace).

Also, any ideas for a tank that won't be OP? :D

EDIT: I decided to add Sardaukars for the Harkonnen barracks.