In this mission you can play as mercs

Feda

I always wanted to play as the Mercenaries or the other sub-houses, but since dune2k doesn't have sounds for their units that is imposible. But I found a way to "force" the game to let u see your dream come true. In the mission that i posted here you can play as mercenaries in one of my 100000 remakes of O9V2 (you share the base with AI). The mercs will move the units, attack and defend the base, so u don't have to touch any unit. You can't touch them! the game will crush. Just build the base, train troopers and build tanks. Also Starport enables the well-known mercenary starport deliveries. You can't move your units or attack by yourself, but if u give the mercs a good strike force they will do a good job with it. So dont stop building. I hope that you'll enjoy it and don't forget: DO NOT CLICK ON ANY UNIT, just build units and base and mercs will do the rest for u. (This game type can be called "Shared base control").

Any bug, report it! If u want me to release with these method missions for the rest of sub-houses just tell me!

play as mercs.zip

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

In theory it comes down to modifying the Play_Unit_Response function. This is the function which produces the error "house >= 3"

It contains an if statement checking the house index, now I don't have the experience needed to modify the exe but in theory there are several options here. We can try disabling the entire function which could mean no unit response sounds but it wouldn't crash. Or we could modify the function so that if the house is >= 3 then the house number defaults to 0 (Atreides).

Edit: fixed with some major help by CCHyper - Patch released

Edited by mvi
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

And then, I really don't know what happened. I re-copy and replace the file in Mission folder, and I am Mercenaries, in old ordos base, while ordos is in mercenaries base with exact building I told before.

Plus, in this game smugler is an allies, no longer an enemy.

Is it suppose to be like this?

yes, the second one is the good one.. u may want to download the sub houses fix in order to be able to click on merc units. Btw, i dont remember if i updated this mission , i mean if i removed the AI for the human, so tell me if when u start mission it will automatically build units. if it does, then i'll have to re-upload it