Satan offtopic replies

the problem Acriku is that we have a "FINITE" mind and you are trying to understand an "INFINITE" GOD..... you just cant do it.

You are trying to understand God like you understand you buddy who lives next door.

You cannot fully understand a infinite god with a finite mind.

I mean can you seriously tell me that you can picture in your mind a God who can be Anywhere, Do anything, Know everything, and is all - powerful???

I may believe he is all those things.. because to be a God you must have those attributes... but i have no way to picture those attributes... i cant picture in my head God being everywhere and seeing everything.... because as humans we can only look at one thing at a time. He has attributes that boogle the mind.. so dont think you can understand him overnight.

Also you said God couldnt have emotions.

You are incorrect there.....

God has has emotions but he has the righteous forms of the emotions.

he has righteous anger, righteous love, righteous sorrow, righteous jealousy.

The greeks gods did not have the same emotions. They had human emotions. They had corrupt love (lust) they had corrupt jealousy

(petty jealousy) ... even greed... the greek gods were much more humanistic than the christian god.

In addition you say that God does not value human life.. and you are correct. He does not value it the same way that we do. God knows that this life is temporary and that your immortal soul is what really counts. This flesh body is just a mere casing for our real entities that dwell within.

It is hard to understand the way God thinks and does... and its even harder for him to explain it to us.

For God to try to get us to understand his plans is like us trying to explain calculus to a cockroach.

The only thing i want to know is what are you truly after Acriku??

If you dont want to believe in a God .. then just live your life and do as you please.

The fact that you constantly posting topics with religious topics means you dont want to let this go.. or that you are still searching for something.

All i ask is that you refrain from getting silly about things

such as saying things like "god is a bully".. "god is a monopoly"

"god wants to make me a drone"

I can refute all of what you have said with 2 sentences.

You can live your life as a sinner and be as evil as you want and do as you please. And on your deathbed... you can come to christ and ask for forgiveness... and you shall be accepted into heaven.

Ya Acriku... seems like a real harsh bullying God...forces you to live his way all your life to get into heaven??

OK ok

It seems that alot of Acriku questions could be better answered by going to a non-denominational preacher (the most calm and fair in my opinion) for like 10 minutes and asking his list of questions.

But i can say that Acriku is dragging too much out of the Old testament.

The Old testament is just that Acriku.. OLD...

The old testament was before God came to earth as a man. and suffered and absorbed all of our sins... past, present, and future.......

You see in the old testament..... the only way to atone for a sin was to shed blood. Thats why you had to slaughter a goat everytime you did something wrong. But on some situations humans had to die. Such as the flood.

I suggest you start pulling references from the NEW testament

it is NEW.. and is during jesus's lifetime and after his death.

We now live in a golden Era due to jesus's sarcifice where we no longer have to offer blood sacrifices and we dont have to die ourselves.... now we can just ask for forgiveness from god.

It is easy to spot someone who isnt very familiar with the bible when all they do is qoute cliche' statement from the Old testament.

Read the New testament that is where you will find what you are looking for.

The old testament and new testament are actually 2 different religions....

Old testament is what Jews follow.... and New testament is what Christians follow.

The old testament is regarded by Christians as a historical section of the bible, while the Jews disregard the NEW testament and totally believe in the Old.

However the fact that both testaments are included together confuse some people.

Just to show you how different the two testaments are... the Old testament was written in Hebrew.. and the New testament was Written in Greek.

Also i have one last thing to say.. i got to go eat dinner....

I know many of you havent thoguht of this but....

Alot of the bible cant be read in english.. because it is misleading.... when you translate something you lose alot of meaning.

The Old testament was written in Hebrew and the New testament was written in greek.

I can give you one good example of a mistranslation...

IN genesis.. it says Adam and Eve saw a snake.

Adam and eve did not see a snake.

this is a mistranslation.

If you go find the Hebrew word in the original hebrew text.. it is "serpentis" (not sure if i spelled this right) ..."serpentis" was mistranslated into "snake"

"serpentis" actually means "shining bewitcher" meaning one that comes as an angel of light and whose mission is to deceive.

And the bible refers to the fact that satan has not lost his angelic beauty... meaning he can come to us in the form of a beautiful angel and deceive us.

And that is probably exactly what he did to Adam and Eve.. he probably showed up as a beautiful angel of light.. and they did not think he would deceive them or lie to them.

So you see.. much of the bible we are reading incorrectly... tons of people still think that the snake in the bible was a real snake. and if they would get up off their lazy butts to check the actually ORIGINAL Hebrew text they would see what the meaning actually is.

I now see why the Arabs only read their Quaran in Arabic... reading it any other way will just mislead and confuse you.

It seems I can still reply ???

You cannot fully understand a infinite god with a finite mind.
That's a common cop-out ...

God has has emotions but he has the righteous forms of the emotions.

Can you explain what the difference between righteous emotions and human emotions, besides god having the former and not the latter?
It is hard to understand the way God thinks and does... and its even harder for him to explain it to us.
Seems you have a good grasp on it?
The only thing i want to know is what are you truly after Acriku??
Discussion, of course! The concept of a god has been here for millenia! It is a big part of our history, and present, and I like to discuss it.

The fact that you constantly posting topics with religious topics means you dont want to let this go.. or that you are still searching for something.

I wouldn't say constantly, I hardly post a thread once a month. Perhaps I am still searching, for what I do not know, but if we continue these discussions I might find out :).
Ya Acriku... seems like a real harsh bullying God...forces you to live his way all your life to get into heaven??
I could repent in my deathbed, but I wouldn't believe it in my heart. Which is what counts, right? He is a bully partly because he kills people because of trivial matters. Any being that can kill his creations so easily and without remorse, and does it in the millions, is a bully to me.
So you see.. much of the bible we are reading incorrectly... tons of people still think that the snake in the bible was a real snake. and if they would get up off their lazy butts to check the actually ORIGINAL Hebrew text they would see what the meaning actually is.
Are these mistranslations avoidable? It seems that the example you have is avoidable. If they are avoidable, then we don't have to learn greek just to understand it. We can get a team of translators that have no political/personal/religious agenda going with them during the translations, and that has no reason to mistranslate the scriptures intentionally. If they are unavoidable, why would your god inspire the men to write it in a way that is untranslatable in any other language?

God doesnt inspire the men to translate the text incorrectly.

It is a common human error.

And common phenomenon.

Whenever you translate something into another language you LOSE SOME meaning... or the meaning gets distorted.

Thats why arabs only read the Quaran in Arabic.

Because they are getting it as the original author intended.

However.. your right... getting a team of unbiased translators in one room and deciphering the bible as it should be .. would be a very enlighteninig experience.

God doesnt inspire the men to translate the text incorrectly.

It is a common human error.

And common phenomenon.

Whenever you translate something into another language you LOSE SOME meaning... or the meaning gets distorted.

Thats why arabs only read the Quaran in Arabic.

Because they are getting it as the original author intended.

But they still put their own biases into how they interperet it. Words, even in their original text are highly succeptable to individual interperetation. It seems to me that an omnipotent being would have found a more efficient way to get his message across.

one last thing and then i am off to play some emperor ;D ;D

I just wanted to mention that God did do something better than writing back then.. he even appeared before some of the people.. such as moses and elijah. They got to physically see him.

And all they could do was write it down and tell others??

I mean what is the best way for God to reveal himself??.. If God showed himself to you tommorrow... sure.. you would beleive then but... how would you communicate it to others to get them to believe??????

Or maybe God could come to earth in the form of a man... so that we could relate to him easier and chat with him?? (jesus?)..

Peter was allowed a trip to heaven.. and guess what??.. he said the things he saw were inexplicable....GREAT thanks alot Peter!!! you get a free trip to heaven and you cant find the words to describe it ....geez...!!

It is pointless... there have been people in the past whom God just outright contacted in person.. but they were so mesmerized or dumbfounded that it really didnt benefit anybody else. Except for the creation of the bible.

Its a difficult situation. Sure God could just appear in front of everyone in the world at the same time in the sky and say hello....but then someone would find a way to say it was just light reflected from a swamp..... so what can you do?

I just wanted to mention that God did do something better than writing back then.. he even appeared before some of the people.. such as moses and elijah. They got to physically see him.

Of course, the only evidence of this is the bible...
Its a difficult situation. Sure God could just appear in front of everyone in the world at the same time in the sky and say hello....but then someone would find a way to say it was just light reflected from a swamp..... so what can you do?
Surely the powerful GOD can do something that we can't ignore nor deny.

yeah, it also talks about over fivehundred people seeing jesus' resurrection. They were all followers. They also saw thousands upon thousands of angels. Of course you would never be satisfied even if God came here. I can almost promise, if God showed himself, you still wouldnt believe. You have gone from athiest, to extremist.

Well why is it that the atheists have to ask all the questions and the christians have to come up with all the answers...??

Come on think for yourselves.... since your not satisfied with our answers......tell us...... what WOULD be a good way for God to expose himself to you??

Actually now that i think of it.. it wouldnt matter.....God cannot show himself to a non-believer... because then he would violate the non-believer's free will... How is that??

Read below.........

If God appeared in front of you.. you would then know that there is a God.... his awesome power would blind you and drive you to your knees.. and your first response would be to worshipp him uncontrollably.....against your will

and then your free will would be taken away..... you would no longer be able to make a choice of whether you wanted to worship God or not.... you would be forced to.. you would be so frightened..... and in your words you said ..........

"surely the powerful god can do something that we cannot deny or ignore"

This would take away our free will.. There is something i have noticed in all of your posts Acriku.... most of your posts show that you are deep down inside your heart... wanting god to come out of the sky and force you to know him and force you to love him and force you know he exists......

You want your free will taken away.. you want God to come blazing out of the heavens and pick you up in his arms and tell you everything is gonna be ok.... right??

Thats not gonna happen my friend...... YOu have this attitude of.....

"GOD if you there COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!!!"

When i was your age i was the same way.. i wanted so badly to see God.. an Angel...geez.. even a demon.... show me something supernatural...anything beyond this world. But it never came. Thats when i realized you can do 2 things.

1.) Travel all over the world going to seances trying to see some sort of Demonic activity... such as possesions and poltergeists incidents.... to try to validate the supernatural world to yourself.

2.) Just accept that this world is so mind boggling complex and intricate... full of anomalies and phenomena and that there must be some higher entity.

I dont mean to insult atheist but it i think it is an issue of laziness.

Most atheists i have talked to say they dont want to believe in a God cause they Dont want to be burdened with having to make moral choices or have to deal with religion.

Well the fact is that religion and morals have nothing to do with believing in a God ..........the bible says the demons believe in God.... they believe and they tremble.

they have no morals and no religion but they believe in god.

I would rather an atheist say to me...

" I believe there is a God but i choose NOT to follow him"

Rather than the foolish and simplistic statement below..

"There is no God"

Well why is it that the atheists have to ask all the questions and the christians have to come up with all the answers...??
Christians ask me hordes of questions. Just look at what you said. That was a question.
Come on think for yourselves.... since your not satisfied with our answers......tell us...... what WOULD be a good way for God to expose himself to you??

I have no idea what would convince me he exists, but if god is so knowledgeable and powerful then he already knows. Jesus used miracles that would convince a man who didn't know science in BC era, so all he has to do is kick it up a notch.
If God appeared in front of you.. you would then know that there is a God.... his awesome power would blind you and drive you to your knees.. and your first response would be to worshipp him uncontrollably.....against your will

and then your free will would be taken away..... you would no longer be able to make a choice of whether you wanted to worship God or not.... you would be forced to.. you would be so frightened..... and in your words you said ..........

"surely the powerful god can do something that we cannot deny or ignore"

This would take away our free will.. There is something i have noticed in all of your posts Acriku.... most of your posts show that you are deep down inside your heart... wanting god to come out of the sky and force you to know him and force you to love him and force you know he exists......

It is not taking my free will away. If it is, then my free will on believing whether or not I am a guy is taken away, and whether or not your a molecular biologist, and whether or not the earth is round. Also, you guess at what my reaction would be but you have no way of knowing.
Thats not gonna happen my friend...... YOu have this attitude of.....

"GOD if you there COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF!!!!!"

You're a scientist. You need evidence. I need evidence. If god doesn't show himself, there is no evidence. So, to believe in him I would need evidence. It's a good attitude to have.

I dont mean to insult atheist but it i think it is an issue of laziness.

How can you not mean to insult me? "I dont mean to insult christian but your all f*cking stupid". Yeah ok...

Most atheists i have talked to say they dont want to believe in a God cause they Dont want to be burdened with having to make moral choices or have to deal with religion.

Well the fact is that religion and morals have nothing to do with believing in a God ..........the bible says the demons believe in God.... they believe and they tremble.

they have no morals and no religion but they believe in god.

I would rather an atheist say to me...

" I believe there is a God but i choose NOT to follow him"

Rather than the foolish and simplistic statement below..

"There is no God"

How old are those atheists? I thought the same way, when I was 3 years younger. Now, I don't feel that way. And don't generalize just because of a few atheists. If an atheist actually said that and was intellectually honest, then he isn't an atheist, DURRR.

My statement is: Until evidence is shown, I cannot believe in any god.

Sorry my latest replies have been a bit caustic...

I can see you getting upset.. didnt intend for that...

Its just that.... I dont go around asking atheists why they dont believe in God...

its all the astheists asking me why i believe in god.

But i wont take back the issue of laziness....

Most people are too lazy to pick up a book or to read a science article or to educate themselves.

I shouldnt blame you guys as most of you here are not even adults yet.

One thing i noticed tho acriku is that you dont respond or qoute or reply to my best points or topics or statements.

You never told me what you thought about the blackhole links, the molecule threads, or any of the things i actually spent time on. So its like your not even listening to my best points. So i guess i have gotten a little frustrated with you.

I am not grouping you in with all the other atheists who annoy me. This should be evident because i am talking to you. If i didnt like you i wouldnt talk to you.

But obviously i am not getting through to you..... because you have a quick little refuting response to everyone of my long drawn out thoughts.

Dont mistakes my motives.. i am in no way trying to convert you or force you to believe in a God.

I just wanted to get you to think outside of the box and to realize that there are things in this universe that we cannot explain.. and that science never will explain.

There are things (such as black holes) that seem to break the rules of our universe and existence...

I just wanted to get the idea into your head that there are some things science cannot and will never explain and that something doesnt have to be logical (blackholes) to exist.

Thats all. This will be my final post on this subject. (For a long while atleast)

It was fun.

Hoped some people learned a few things ;) ;) ;) ;)

PS -- i forgot to address this..

QUOTE FROM acriku..

"You're a scientist. You need evidence. I need evidence. If god doesn't show himself, there is no evidence. So, to believe in him I would need evidence. It's a good attitude to have."

My reply

As a scientist you dont have to see something to confirm its existance.

Scientists often use what they ALREADY know to figure out what they DONT know. Using other CLUES and IDEAS available can help you figure something out... rather than the thing your looking for jumping into your lap.