Altantis

Oh, King Mega... such an elaborated theory... A WHOLE EMPIRE COVERED BY WATER? Think of the Persian Empire, Roman, Macedonian, Egyptian, Mongol (!!!). An empire cannot be covered by water. An island can...

As i told i forgot most of the theory, if i can find anything about it i will provide you with the link. Till then i can't defend this theory ;)

King-Mega: im familiar with the stories about Atlantis and the possible reasons for its doom. Btw Troja WAS an ancient greek city (Schliemann found the ruins, remember ?)

Troia is different than Troy? Just checking, they appear quite similar.

There seem to be around 7 layers of ruins of the city Troy, just built right on top of each other (quite interesting).

Anyways, I would personally hold off on any official opinion on this, since things like this take a lot of time to bring together.

An interesting idea Hawat but what about the rest of Playto's ideas? I don't know a lot about Troy but I don't remember it being destroyed around 9000 BC...

CAID:

"Explosion on Santorini island in 16th century BC was so powerful, that it could cause earthquake capable of disrupting whole see as reported by Greeks, but impossible to destroy prosperous minoan civilisation on Crete. Also Agamemnon, one of minoan kings, is known as a leader of attack against Troja in 12th century BC."

Ah but it wasn't the Minoan civilization in Crete that is the alleged atlantis, it's the Santorini Island group themselves. (the largest one is Thera) If you look at the links I made in my past post there's a map in there somewhere that shows the group of islands in a relative circle shape. It also discribes the magnitue of the 1500 BC eruption comparing it to others at that time period.