Help for an XP Dune2000 player

Shaguar

*If this problem has already been addressed, and I somehow missed it when I searched the posts, I apologize.

I've recently installed Dune2000 on my computer which has Windows XP. I can start the game, and it will run, no crashes or problems like that at all. The problem is in the resolution. The game screen doesn't fit in my monitor screen. Around the sides and the bottom of the screen is a region of black, which doesn't matter much to me; its the next problem that drives me nuts. The top portion of the game screen is completely off my monitor. I can't see the amount of solaris/spice that I have, which makes gameplay a little diffcult. I've tried to use XP's compatibility programs, but this only makes matters worse, since I get an reversed screen when i choose 95 or 98 compatibility: the side of the game that is normally on the left ends up on the right, and vice versa. Its truly aggravating. I went to Westwood Help and Support Center, but when I went to submit my question, it told me that they don't offer support for this game anymore, which blows.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to fix it? Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Shag

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest installing the latest drivers for your graphics card. Otherwise, you could try to manually adjust the horizontal and vertical positioning of the image on your monitor using the monitor's display buttons (which you probably will have).

Try visiting the Technical Support forum, you're more likely to get good help from there.

Besides the options above, could you lower the resolution of the game in which you are playing it.

[ have you got any other programms running in the same resolution as Emperor and is that one displayed correctly ? ]

yea. . should have looked more carefully .. :-[ :- my mistake.

Dune 200 run's at 800 X 600 or so ? Thing you came close, his monitor is probably not configurated for that resolution yet as most games and windows run's at a higher resolution. :)

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I've tried switching resolutions on my monitor to 800x600, and that also has caused problems. My drivers are all updated, so I don't think that is the problem on my graphics card. I have found a solution with adjusting the vertical on my monitor though; it has resulted in having adjusted the vertical all the way to 100 (shifting it to 0 didn't work as well) so that the spice amount and the option button are now located on the bottom of my screen instead of the top ;) At least this way I can see how much solaris I have to work with. Again, thanks to all you.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Shaguar

i had the same problem , with my monitor and XP , i have a old 14 inch monitor , and could not see how much spice i harvested , or my score , these are the settings i used to make it work properly , they are in "display properties" screen refresh 60 herts , screen resolution 800x600 colour quality highest (32 bit) colour , i play in compatability mode and run it in 256 colours , then have to fine tune the monitor controls , but after all that i get a perfect picture , hope this helps.

shygirl

http://mysite.freeserve.com/shy