Alexander Ulyanov

I'm not sure If I spelt it correctly but hopefully some of you (I think Edric and Nema) will understand that this is a topic about Lenin's older brother.

He was executed by hanging for trying to do just what Lenin did later, if in a slightly more haphazard and emotional way. This got him killed and, arguablely, set his little brother on the same path.

Well, what do you think? Agree or disagree? Was Alexander a reason behind Lenin's passion? Or was he just another failure, doomed to death under the (not that bad) Tsarist rule?

If the monarchy wouldn't kill him, then his brother will do so. Sooner or later, if he would be active. Problem of Russia is that monarchy of House Romanov wasn't very progressive, I can say it was tyrannic. Altough not as brutal as Stalin's terror reign.

Actually, Caid, it was. The Tsar (or do you spell it Czar?) was the last absolute monarch in Europe, and he ruled with an iron fist. His word was the law.

The people of Russia had had enough of him, and Alexander Ulyanov was only one of many who would give their lives to depose the tyrant.

I spell it Tsar usually...

And I just thought that maybe it was interesting to look at Lenin's motives. Political yes, (duh) but was there something else to it? Revenge? Justice? That's debatable.

Still, Alexander was too emotional about his cause. He gave his life when arguabely if he had proceeded as Lenin did he could have survived.