War!

And where exactly have you got this information from, my overly-nationalist friend? (I mean the surrendering)

You know what you remind me of Edric? That sad individual who always goes for the white guy in a heavyweight championship boxing match. You convince yourself that he has a chance, and may even convince others, and end up feeling like a dumbass when the white guy gets knocked out in the first round.

I am the kind of guy who would stand up for Britain and the Soviet Union in the darkest hours of WW2. I am the kind of guy who never stops fighting for what is right, even when all hope seems lost. I am the kind of guy who would sooner die than surrender. In the words of Winston Churchill:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

He would not have supported this cowardly invasion any more than he suppoted Hitler's cowardly invasions.

Churchill could recognize a bloodthirsty maniac when he saw one - which is why he would never support the likes of Bush.

Churchill was a moral man, who would support the freeing of slaves.

to say that Churchill would be siding with France and appeasing the dictator is to make Churchill's good name into a Chamberlain. To say that Churchill would allow Saddam to continue to make a mockery out of the UN and defy 12 years of resolutions is basically calling Churchill a loser.

Churchill deserves better.

Indeed, he was the Greatest Briton ever. He is only second to Vladimir Lenin on my list of the people I admire most in the 20th century.

He was right, you know - if Britain should last for a thousand years, people would remember WW2 as your finest hour. It saddens me to see what Blair has reduced it to...

Churchill fought against an aggressor that sought to conquer and dominate other countries by force. So do I. Whether it comes from the Reichstag or the White House, it is our duty to oppose it.

"We do not understand democracy in its bourgeois meaning--of babbling, lack of discipline, anarchy. We understand democracy as the active participation of the citizens in formulating and implementing the Party's policy."

--Nicolae Ceausescu, 1968

Nicolae Ceausecu would be proud of France and Germany. He would be right there with them, supporting and joined with...hand in hand...with those who oppose taking out Hussein. Nicolae has a smile on his face to think of all his comorades who are supporting the reign of terror that Saddam holds over his country. He is proud of his brothers who oppose the war.

And Hitler would be yet more proud to help his white aryan brothers whip an "inferior" nation into line.

After all, just like Germany, America needs its Vital Space, doesn't it? I'm sure this will be indeed the final solution to the Iraqi problem.

"And Hitler would be yet more proud to help his white aryan brothers whip an "inferior" nation into line."

I dont think Hitler would take any pleasure in seeing democracies taking out dictators. Esp since those same democracies took him out! :D ::)

hello everybody!

i just wanted to mention that i do not see the REASON for this war clearly anymore:

- first it was because of saddam supporting terror

- then it were these weapons of mass destruction

- and now it is because saddam is a dictator (i mean irak is not a democracy)

so what should i think about it? can somebody help?!

Well, he sure liked it when Finland attacked the Soviet Union...

Hint: a democracy attacking a dictatorship

but he didn't like it when US and Britain attakced Europe.

Choice between Iraq and US, hitler chooses Iraq.

Same with Nicolae.

hello everybody!

i just wanted to mention that i do not see the REASON for this war clearly anymore:

- first it was because of saddam supporting terror

- then it were these weapons of mass destruction

- and now it is because saddam is a dictator (i mean irak is not a democracy)

so what should i think about it? can somebody help?!

its because of all of them. but you left out a very; important one: oppressed Iraqi slaves.

also 12 years of breaking UN law.

of course, you have no reason NOT to take him down do you?

Edric: Why do you support the Soviet Union, if you yourself say that what they did was a shame. Remember: they also killed millions, as Hitler did. Heck, even Jews was slaughtered when Germany was defeated in USSR after the war.

Do not underestimate the will of the Iraqi people to defend their homeland from foreign invaders.

That's right, though the Iraqi militia isn't well armed it's still protecting

its homeland.

(remember Greeks against Persia)