Help burning a VCD

Using Nero, I am trying to burn a VCD. Unfortunatly, when it converts the movie I want to burn, it increases the movies size so it's way to big for a single CD. How can I:

1) Cut the movie in half so I can fit it on two CD's?

2) Or shrink the movie so I can fit it on one CD?

Aren't you trying to break up an MPEG into smaller pieces? TMPGEnc can do that for you. How big is the file and what format is it in (Prior to the Nero Image)? I have nero also and I found you really need to break up the video into 20 minute segments for best results. Just trying to copy over one big file is no good anyway because you have no way of skipping through scenes (other than Fast Forward). Try this other link:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/94288.php

It is a newbie guide for making VCD's.

The file is avi to begin with, and I can't find a way to convert it that takes less than ten hours using htis thing.

That's why I don't burn many VCD's :( . Too time consuming. Some of the newer DVD burners come with commercial tools which are much faster and you can put all of the video on one DVD-R. How big is the compressed AVI file?

• 2 weeks later...