Shut down and system restore

Hi Doc!

When I'm shutting down my pc the hard disc and all my fans still running(dont get the message-is safe to turn off power)so I have to manualy cut the power.

I can`t restore to a restore point,I can make point but when I am to restore it its gone.There are no restore points what so ever,just the one for the respective day.Can it be because of when I did partisioned

my harddisc I only gave my C:drive 1Gb?

One more question:When mounting cabinet fans,they mounted for sucking the warm air out of the cabinet,but what about reversing the fan so one of them is blowing cold air into it.By putting some filter on u keep the dust out.Is it a bad idea?

and thanks for ure exellent forum

cybo

First off all, do NOT reverse your fans !! As you may have noticed, on the bottom front of your case there are little openings. The fans inside on top at the back (under the power supply) take out the warm air. What's being done at the same time is that cold air is being sucked in via those holes on the front. Reversing the fans means that the warm air can't get out. So no matter how much cold air you pump in, the warm air (that rises) will remain and the cold air (that drops down) will leave the case via the little holes in the front.

As far as your pc not shutting down goes, try closing down all background programs, before you shut down. What OS are you running ?

I have trouble understanding about the partitioning part you asked though. How much gb is your total drive (I doubt it's just one gb) ?

Btw, thanks for the kind words about this forum :)

thanks to ure reply.ok i wont reverse the fans,got ure point.Eh ive partisioned my harddisk(10Gb)just given the my c: drive 1gb.But i solved the problem.i formatted the whole thing partisioned my hd giving my C: drive more space and wola no problems so far.eh windows ME is my OS.

ok got a new question:if I try to log on from the log on at top of page i just get a black window,if i log on from "forgot ure password" ive got no problems,how come?