Porting Dune to other game engines

Fishbone

I am currently making a feasibility assessment of porting Dune to another game engine (namly Battlezone 2, see www.bzuniverse.com for more info on the game)

What I would like to ask on this message board: are the unit and building models of Dune (or Emperor) available for download in a common 3d format?

If not, are there any means to extract the models from the game and are there any tools to convert the models to a common 3d format?

Thanks alot for your help.

Would this be Adrian_Messecar?

I have sent him a PM and wait patiently for a reply.

Thanks alot.

If there is no way to do that, I guess I will have to get really good screenshots of the units and start modeling myself (which is fine). Or can you display/rotate the units in one of the available unit editors? This would make my life recreating the models much easier.

thanks for all the help.

Adrian hinted that he might be able to pull off an exporter for his xbf editor. This would make my life easier.

In the mean time, I am working on the vehicles. I want them closer to the renderings of Dune2000.

First ingame screenshot:

http://www.bz2md.com/albums/album04/trike2.jpg

For those of you who wonder what game it is I am talking about: its a hybrid between RTS and FPS. You will have the full Dune2000 tech tree, command your units and have the ability to jump in any vehicle you want.

Both Trike and Quad will be hovercraft, since the game engine does not support wheels. Besides it is a lot of fun to fly around in them. (Since I would know a workaround for the wheels...)

There will be plenty of tracked vehicles though. (Combat tanks, Devastator, Harvesters, etc).