Saddam is not cooperating.

I've read recently that Saddam has "gained" more "power" thanks to the protests and demonstrations. His scientists don't cooperate either. I think the "last chance" that is now given to Saddam should be the last. He had so much time (what is it? 6 months now?) now, that it is laughable if he gets another one after this. He'll just blame himself for the war, and understand that everything does indeed have limits.

About the demonstrations, why? All I've seen is communists, anarchists and anti-USA people, walking the streets with red flags and burning American flags. Is this right? No, it is not. They are just supporting a dictator. They will understand when the war is over that dictatorship is not good.

"(what is it 6 months now)"

-- try 12 years.

I agree with you, like Edric, we see people who protest just to put down the U.S. They will understand when the war is over, especially if Saddam uses those Chemical and Biological weapons they say are not there.

The problem I have is this. Who will pay the ultimate price if we allow more time for Saddam to fortify his army, and to position his WMD? The French? The Germans? Hell no! Our troops, along with our true allies will be the ones in danger because of "Old Europe's" cowardice. I say Screw 'em.

"(what is it 6 months now)"

-- try 12 years.

I agree with you, like Edric, we see people who protest just to put down the U.S. They will understand when the war is over, especially if Saddam uses those Chemical and Biological weapons they say are not there.

The problem I have is this. Who will pay the ultimate price if we allow more time for Saddam to fortify his army, and to position his WMD? The French? The Germans? Hell no! Our troops, along with our true allies will be the ones in danger because of "Old Europe's" cowardice. I say Screw 'em.

woot!!!! Who is this Miles guy? Man, Ive been searching for you for a LONG time dude! I've been a Bush supporter here, but I am a single butterfly in a hornets nest. Now I must warn you: having a pro-bush opinion will get you slapped with the word "trouble maker". but don't back down my friend. don't pander to the anti-americanism you will enounter here. ;) ;D

Just look at the signs at the anti-war rallies. Most of them are calling Bush or Blair an idiot, where are the signs telling Saddam to disarm? War is bad, everyone knows that, but in some situations its needed. The option of using force to make Saddam comply shouldn't just be thrown out the window because you don't like it. And if you do throw it out at least come up with another solution that *will* work, something no one seems to have.

I don't know if I would call myself a Bush supporter, as I am pretty skeptical of his economic package, and his "no child left behind" is a ridiculous notion. However, I am in agreement on the Iraq issue. It has to be settled.

The accusations of malicious intent by Bush on this thread are ridiculous and stupid. Neither Bush nor the American people want to become an empire. We are not in this for the money (although I will concede that oil probably is somewhat of a factor as it is in RussioFrancoGerman's opposition) but rather because if the U.N. or any international force is to have credibility, then they have to be prepared to back themselves up. These "peace at any price" fools are just kidding themselves. As you said, freedom always comes from blood, although I would change that to sometimes (my example would be Ghandi but somehow I don't think passivism will work against Saddam.) The only way to liberate the people of Iraq is by force.