US invasions background

zamboe

The US has previously invaded countries, just because they felt like.

Panama, 1989.

Panama at 1989 : No terrorist, No weapons (as any thrid world country), full of poor people, no dictatorial regime. President Noriega actually WAS a former CIA agent, that got the power with the approval of the White House.

At the beginning of Noriega

not quite true.

"On December 15, 1989, Noriega sought and was given by the legislature the title of chief executive officer of the government. The Noriega-led assembly declared that a state of war with the United States existed. The next day Panamanian soldiers killed an unarmed U.S. Marine officer dressed in civilian clothes.

Retaliation by the United States was quick and decisive. On December 17, U.S. President George Bush ordered troops to Panama, with the subsequently announced aims of seizing Noriega to face drug charges in the United States, protecting American lives and property, and restoring Panamanian liberties. The initial attack took place in darkness on the morning of December 20 and was focused primarily on Noriega's headquarters in Panama City. U.S. forces quickly overcame most organized resistance, but in the following days numerous Panamanian soldiers and civilians looted shops in Panama City and Col

not quite true.

"On December 15, 1989, Noriega sought and was given by the legislature the title of chief executive officer of the government. The Noriega-led assembly declared that a state of war with the United States existed. The next day Panamanian soldiers killed an unarmed U.S. Marine officer dressed in civilian clothes.

About the soldier, he was an DEA agent, civilian dressed, and he had killed at least two panama citizens (drug dealers), he commited those murderers with the coverage and support of the DEA. Obviously the Panama police were looking for me, eventually they killed him.

Should be known also the hundreds of rapes the US Marines commited to panama's young womens during the invasion.

But I will get to the point of Panama declaring War to USA. I've never heard that before, I've searched and it looks that never happened that way. What I found is that the US (Bush) declared that they were going to take inmediate action for that soldier killed (dressed like civilian, killed by other civilians dressed like), "inmedite action" obviously mean something, therefore Noriega declares state of alert and orders to shoot down any military force that tries to get into Panama.

Let's pretend that Panama declares war to USA. Just to mention sounds funny.

It'd be like if a 7 year old guy wants to fight me, I'd fight him and would kick the shit out of him, maybe I could even kill him with not effort at all, if later someone asks me "Why you killed him ?", I'd answer " he said he was going to fight me ".

That's how ridiculous sounds a poor, small and with no power at all country like Panama declaring war at the US. They would have laughed instead, but no they had to beat the shit out the little country, why ? , "because they declared war on us".

Get real for once, the invasion was going to happen NO MATTER WHAT.

Retaliation by the United States was quick and decisive. On December 17, U.S. President George Bush ordered troops to Panama, with the subsequently announced aims of seizing Noriega to face drug charges in the United States, protecting American lives and property, and restoring Panamanian liberties.

"restoring Panamanian liberties" . ROFL. Who the US thinks is to pretend restore it's kind of liberty everywhere ?.

"protecting American lives" . All US citizens had been evacuated weeks before and some were still in the US base at the Panama's Canal.

If there were some charges of drug deal against Noriega, they would have to wait until it's administration was over then request a to Panama's Supreme Court the extradition to USA. That's the legal way. But what the hell, US don't care legal ways anyhow.

The number of Panamanians killed in the operation was estimated at 200-300 combatants (soldiers and paramilitaries) and some 300 civilians; 23 U.S. soldiers also were killed."

Is there any one in jale for those 300 civilians dead ? (Actually were 5000+, you seem to forget the 400+ bombs dropped in Panama City).

I was forgeting, civilians are not really important in your opinion.

The declaration of war against the US was first stated by Panama. The invasion took place due to this declared state of war by Panama and their initial acts of aggression.

initial acts of agrresion ?. LOL. US started the aggression by first puting Noriega in power (former CIA agent) US knew he was going to cover some drug dealers in order to get money to fight the guerrilla, at that point they didn't even care how Noriega got the money, once Noriega finished off the guerrillas, then US didn't have any more use for him. THAT'S A BIG AGGRESSION, DOING WITH PANANA WHAT THEY DID BEFORE THE INVASION. So don't say like Panama started the aggression like in the past all were peaceful.

US got used to invade as it feel like, they don't care about getting or no the UN support, after they search for who is willing to pay the most for the power they give it to them (as it happened in Panama, where the rich people from Panama that lived in Miami payed for that and got the power).

Noriega fled to Vatican ambassade from enraged his own citizens. They would lynch him. Why? Because he was an "american agent"? He was a tyrant, and USA just don't want tyrants in their area. Look how they oppose Castro i.e.

FALSE.

Some Panama's military forces that defected to join the US (several millions of US$ dollars was the price) were searching for him, but the majority was on his side.

"USA just don't tyrants in their area", LOL. They want to be the only one, perhaps you are right on that.

Back then it was Bush and Powell who invaded an killed several thousands of civilians in Panama.

Now is Bush Jr. and Powell again, no doubt they know what's their business about.

Yep every country makes mistakes, and the US makes more than its share (and more than the share alotted its entire hemisphere, but thankfully Canada loans us their share of mistake alottments, as do most of the smaller nations).

So are you trying to draw attention to the fact that its a Father like Son thing here, Bush Sr wages war, then Bush Jr wages war? Or are you trying to paint all Americans as war mongers like 57% of the Germans in a recent poll did?

Oh and give him a break Caid, its not like the Chilean people had any choice about Pinochet.