Chkdsk /f

Does anyone know how to run chkdsk /f on win XP. I tried to run it but it told me to schedule it for the next restart. When I did this and restarted my comp a Big blue screen error message appeared when I tried to run Check disk.

ok :)

It's not about the blue screen you got. Thought that CHKDSK needs administrative privileges for the whole disk . .and when you want to run it on your root [ mostly C: for Windows and DOS based computers ] you will have to reboot your computer so it can be run at startup.

Only with Win2K and WinXP though.

That should be an explenation on why you needed to reboot your computer. :)

No clue at this point about the blue screen. . wat happens after the blue screen .. do you get a normal startup or does it reboot again ?

This is the message that appeares on the Blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your omputer.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates, disable BIOS memory options such as caching an shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode.

Technical Information

*** Stop: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF81B9C27, 0xf8969840, 0xF8969540)

*** Tbcspus.sys - Address F81B9C27B base at F81A1000, datestamp 3B8D7887

Please bear in mind that I am a technical layman so this means nothing to me but I really do need to fix it quite urgently.

I tried Scan Disk Which said everything was fine, Error checking found no problems but when I tried Disk Defrag or analysing it tells me to run Chkdsk /f But as I said before this doesn't work.

I'm not shure on what Tbcspus.sys does or which programm it belongs to. .. .

CHKDSK /F is used if your disk contains errors that need to be fixed.

A bit of a loss at this point. . I'll try to search tomorrow. If I find something I let you know.