COD Video Interview

Mahdi

Now up at the official site is an interview with Alec Newman, who plays Paul Atreides in the new miniseries.

Update: It seems that the quicktime version is not yet up.

Being only three and a half minutes long, it doesn't contain a lot of info, but it isn't bad. It contains some new footage that hasn't been in the previous trailers, and confirms that Dune Messiah will be dealt with in the first part of the miniseries, and Children of Dune in the second and third. It also seems that the Preacher is going to have an expanded role in COD, because Alec says it is about the Preacher and Leto coming to terms with each other, and permitting the Preacher to finally hand over everything to Leto.

Alec seems to have a good grip on the character of Paul, talking about how everything that has happened to him, including to the Jihad, has been forced upon him, he didn't want any of it, but still he is responsible for it and feels responsible for it.

Hopefully the quicktime version will be up and working soon.

great job mahdi. but of course the quicktime link doesnt work. you would think they would have hired someone new and competent.

and now once again i have to install realone...hmm ithink it is just a plot to get people to download realone.also realone is now only a 14 day trial unless you can point me to one that isnt.

edit - it is just there new ad campaign that makes it hard to find the free realone player.

Ok my two cents about it..

pros - new video footage(without sound to video adressing the video as we would see it) just newmans telling story.

cons - newman looks very nervous(and scratches something at face repeatedly)at first but near end he does a good job.

[hide] under the influence at the time being so if anything seems harsh atribute it to that[/hide]

overall - great! 3:40 seconds of pure dune!

EDIT - quicktime is working now.