Emperor under WindowsXP! Help me please...

mavgr70

Could you attach your dxdiag output ? Go to start => runa nd type there dxdiag. A window pops up. Please go to the sound and display tab and run the tests at the bottom. When done, go back to the first tab and on the bottom you'll see a button labled "save all info". Click it and save the file as a txt file. When done, attach it to your reply here :)

I´ve updated all of my drivers, the desktop resolution is at 800x600 refresh rate 60hz

I´ll try adding +w at the ebfd shortcut ;)

I´ve added the +w at ebfd shortcut and nothing happened.

I´ll send you the dxdiag results as soon as possible ;)

Could you attach your dxdiag output ? Go to start => runa nd type there dxdiag. A window pops up. Please go to the sound and display tab and run the tests at the bottom. When done, go back to the first tab and on the bottom you'll see a button labled "save all info". Click it and save the file as a txt file. When done, attach it to your reply here :)

(real short version now)

It would seem part of my post got cut out..

in short..

while runing under compat mode I played with the rez.. and color..

it seemed to me that the vid drivers tried to change over but failed to hold...

It seems to me that maybe that is what is causing the problem...

Further while trying to load the game I attempted to load Emp.....exe and Game several times repeatedly.. thus the files (app's runing) showed several copies including the temp file... at one point in my task bar a Dune logo appeared.. but it locked up..

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

What you might want to try is to lower your desktop refresh rate to default. Right click on your desktop background => properties and then select settings. Go to the advanced options and there should be a tab called "adapter". Put the refresh rate to default and see if it changes anything.

As far as multiple files being opened, when you want to start EBFD, when you put in the disk, wait for a while to make sure the game doesn't auto run. Then run the game via the shortcut.

What you might want to try is to lower your desktop refresh rate to default. Right click on your desktop background => properties and then select settings. Go to the advanced options and there should be a tab called "adapter". Put the refresh rate to default and see if it changes anything.

As far as multiple files being opened, when you want to start EBFD, when you put in the disk, wait for a while to make sure the game doesn't auto run. Then run the game via the shortcut.

Well unfortunately, none of this has worked.

I did finally get a reply from EA/westwood their responce was, (1. from one tech person) "XP pro is not supported, (2. from a second tech) Nortons prevents the game from running the only way to get the game to work would be by uninstalling Nortons and dune, then reinstalling the game and not installing nortons will allow the game to work".

at this piont I am un willing to unistall Nortons... not untill I get my new system up and running....