not about computers, stereo problem

Well i have a 250 watt kenwood Amp and a 5 cd changing Kenwood CD player hooked up to 2 10" 3-way box speakers with surround. To make it sound a little better i decided to hook up this Technics Equalizer(technics SH-GE50) that i had hooked up like 5 months ago at my old house. I just cannot get the thing to work with my stereo. it has power and ive tried hooking up the cord from the equalizer to the amp. The 2 slots for the cord in the back of the equalizer are as follows:

EQ

|in|out|

|O |O| <--- The 'O' is the hole

|O |O| (top hole is for white plug,bottom is for red)

the other slots on the equalizer are TAPE slots and they say record(out) and play(in)

On the amp, shouldnt i plug it into the AUX slots?? The other ones are phono,cd(being used),tape 1, tape 2/monitor but none of those should play any part of hooking up the equalizer. The AUX slot should work, and if i remember correctly that is also the slot i used at my old house. it shouldnt be difficult at all i dont know why it wont work. Should my stereo be on a certain mode(if so i cant figure it out)?? The main modes i have are 'tape 2/monitor' and 'source direct'. ALso one more thing. After i hook it up i can see the equalizers bars rising and falling with the music but the music i hear is not changed.

Sorry for posting this here, but there isnt a lot of help out there. i know u guys, ur buddies and i hope u wouldnt mind helping me out :)

Well I am no stereo expert, but I will try and help. Do you have the phono cables going from the "IN" input of your equalizer to the "AUX" connectors of your AMP? Also, does your equalizer specify in it's documentation how you are supposed to set it up? If you have followed the instructions that come with the equalizer and it does not work there may be a mode you have to set on your AMP. Could you specify the make and model of each component?

Well I am no stereo expert, but I will try and help. Do you have the phono cables going from the "IN" input of your equalizer to the "AUX" connectors of your AMP? Also, does your equalizer specify in it's documentation how you are supposed to set it up? If you have followed the instructions that come with the equalizer and it does not work there may be a mode you have to set on your AMP. Could you specify the make and model of each component?

Yes the cables are going from the "IN" on the equalizer to the "AUX" on the amp. I dont have the manual for it anymore after i moved. there are only two mode on the equalizer: Source and Tape. The equalizer is TECHNICS SH-GE50 and the Amp is a Kenwood AR-404

TECHNICS SH-GE50 equalizer should be connected to your reciever not your Kenwood AR-404 amp the source is the reciever not the Kenwood AR-404 amp. Check your reciever to see if you have a tape monitor loop it is for either recording and playing back from an audio tape deck or for connecting your equalizer.

The amp is the reciever. I refer to an amplifier and a reciever as just an amp. Anyways, yes i do have the tape loop and also a tape 2/monitor. I had one set of cables running to TAPE and the other set running to AUX. The equalizer bars were rising and falling with the music but it did not change how the music sounded. i have a feeling one of the fuses just might be blown...

I DID IT! and u wouldnt even know how simple it was...

i had it hooked up correctly except that the 2 different cables were hooked up to the wrong TAPE slots... they were just backwards. Oh man that was a little too much work for such a simple task.