need help

Gunman

Ehhrr.. what isn't working ? Could you please specify your problem ? Also, if you reply, please also attach a dxdiag output (go to start => run and type there dxdiag) to your reply. Make sure you've run the tests on the video and sound tab.

I'll be here to help !

• 2 weeks later...

Go to start => run and type there dxdiag. Run the tests on the video and sound tab. When doen, on the first tab you'll see a button below "save all information".

Save it as a txt file on your desktop for easy access. When you reply here, note the "attach line" line below your reply. Click the "browse" button to attach the file.

I would lower my resolution to 800x600 16bit and default refresh rate. Please keep in mind that this is not a system that's good to play any recent games..

Make sure that the ingame graphical settings are set to 800x600 as well and turn shadows off. All others to low..

Also I'm confused as the video card is concerned, it says 6.5mb.. Is the video card onboard ? If so, do you have another installed in a PCI or AGP slot ? If that's the case, you migth want to try and use -altvid behind the games shortcut..

Gunman,

There are several things that are still unclear to me..

1) Did you lower your desktop resolution to 800x600 16bit and 60Hz refresh rate ?

2) You said the game is okay now, but cut scenes are choppy. Does that mean you can play the game okay, but just the scenes in between are choppy (sound is okay) ?

3) Also, your video card says 6.5mb. It seems an onboard video card. If so, do you have another video card installed in a PCI/AGP slot ? If it's onboard, you might want to update the drivers  (the ones currently installed are from 2000)..

4) What bothers me is the fact that the dxdiag files show 2 different languages, knowing English and Slovakia.. I'm not saying this is the problem, but in the past I've experianced that this may lead to problems, so be aware for in the future..

1) Try the settings I suggested to see if it makes any improvement.

3) PCI slot is the "white slots on your motherboard, the AGP slot is brown. It might be usefull to know what slot the video card is using (you can look up the different type's of slot in the motherboard manual). It's not just usefull for now, but may also be usefull if you have different driver downloads (1 for AGP slot and 1 for PCI slot).

4) There are files in English and Slovak. Just look at just 4 files I copied from your output:

"ddraw.dll: 4.08.01.0881 English Final Retail 10/30/2001 08:10:00 333824 bytes

ddraw16.dll: 4.07.00.0700 English Final Retail 9/9/1999 07:00:00 28496 bytes"

"ksproxy.ax: 4.90.3000.0400 Slovak Final Retail 10/30/2001 08:10:00 116224 bytes

ksuser.dll: 4.90.3000.0400 Slovak Final Retail 10/30/2001 08:10:00 4096 bytes"