Dune Series Question?!

Zopwx2

Spoilers?

some of these questions may have been asked before, and may help other people who are also confused!?

1) In dune the harkonnen controlled dune but still stayed on giedi prime, but when the duke was given dune he left caladan and moved to dune?! Why, was it because he wanted to show that he was going to take charge and he wanted to be there to over see things?

2) Exactly how did the fremen fight the sardukar on Dune? with lasguns, melee weapons, projectiles, artillery? what weapons did each side have and use. I know the fremen used sandworms to devour the sardukar and they used atomics on the shield wall.

3)the honored matres were a mixture of fish speakers and bene gesserit from the scattering right?

4) what the hell happend at the end of chapterhouse: dune?

this is what i read, murbella became both mother superior and great honored matre. she was going to either combine their forces of assimilate remainng HM into the bene gesserit (clear that up). then for some reason duncan uses foldspace and takes the no-ship into some unspecified space along with, sheeana, some worms, the rabbi and company, and scytale along with his nullentropy tube.then some face dancers talk about how they can collect enough personas to become inpependant of thier masters.? am i correct?

5) (chapterhouse) what was all that about duncan seeing an old couple in his mind or somthing what was that?

6)what was that sianoq thing in god emperor, was it some sort of bonding with leto and his fish speakers? explain plz

7) in god emperor it says that part of this book has appeared in the publication of playboy? why would playboy publish dune. and what part did they publish?

8) in hod and chapter the benegesserit has an army commanded by teg. is it an official army of the benegesserit or just maniplated soldiers from other planets under thier control. and was it a male or female/male army. did the bene gesserit themselves fight? and the HM army was all female?

Thank You for answering my Q's

1) Because the Emperor Shaddam IV said that the Harkonnen left and they were welcome to go there and harvest spiccccccce.

2)In the movie they fought with wierding modules, but in the books just sandworms and crysknifes, with the pre-attack on Shield Wall. The Sardaukar, I believe, had knives, some sort of gun? Dunno much about the Sardaukar side of things.

Haven't read the books pertained to by your next set of questions.

A lot of questions, I'll do my best.

1) The Harkonnens were a very rich and powerfull House that controlled multiple planets (I think it's somewhere around thirty, but I might be wrong. Not exactly sure where I ehard that number). House Atreides is one of the lesser Houses Major in terms of wealth, and only control one planet.

One reason is that the Atreides simply could not afford to control more than one planet at a time, it would stretch them then economically and militarily, and iwth the current military situation, it is not a good diea to spread your military too thin.

Anotehr reason is that the Harkonnens were only temporary rulers of Dune. It was only a quassi-fief. The ATreides, hwoever, were granted Arrakis as a actual fief. They were the permanent, unconditional rulers of the planet. Which emant that they didn't ahve to worry about moving there support base there, and then losing the planet 80 eyars later, like the Harkonnens did.

Fianlly, the Emperor, in giving them Arrakis, took away Caladan from the Atreides, possibly to make sure that his defeat of them was complete.

Probably it was a combination fo the three.

2) Same as everywhere else, ornithopters, knives, swords.

3) Pretty much, eyah.

4) Yup.

5) Up until the butlerian jihad came out, the previaling theory was that they were evolved face dancers ("the enemy of many faces"), due to there discussion about the tlielaxu master. Now, because of the butlerian jihad, favours starting to move to them being AI.

6) It's best explained in the book. Basically, it's a way of sealing the fish speaker's loyalty to Leto.

7) Money, thats probably why they published. Which part, I dunno.

8) It's the Bene Gesserit army.