DVD Audio/Video not synchronized

Ok I was watching the "Frank Herbert's Dune" DVD on my computer and I noticed that the actors lips were not moving in time to the dialogue that they were saying. If I skip using the progress slider they are back to normal, but after awhile the bug becomes noticeable again, and the speaking comes out before the actors have actually 'said' it in the video. Is there something I can do to rectify this situation? :O ??? ::) :P

The only program I was running while I was watching the DVD was the DVD player software (Cyberlink Power DVD.) I didn't have any other programs running in the background, at least not to my knowledge.

Note: I didn't open the Close Program dialog box and shut anything off, I just launched the DVD software program and started viewing the DVD.

Apart from the ICQ Net Detect Agent (which I closed down after the comp started up), there we no programs that were running apart from the DVD software.

I have no anti-virus software installed on my computer.

I think I've resolved the problem. I just played around with the configuration settings in the software. I changed the audio output device from Waveout to DirectSound, and it's worked without a hitch so far.

This is the first DVD I've bought, I have watched other DVDs borrowed from a friend, but they didn't have any problems with the sound, and that was when I was watching them under Windows Media Player when I was using Windows XP.

I don't have a DVD in a stereo anywhere. The only way I can watch DVDs at home, is by using the DVD-ROM in my computer.

Thanks Nyar and Gob, for replying.

I'll let you know if the problem comes back, but for now I seem to have resolved it. :D