No Sound

Well, i probably should have put this in, the cord that connects my main speaker and my left speaker is ripped so i used electrical tape to reconnect it, but that doesnt seem to be the problem. Also, If i dont bother my speakers then it wont bother me, but i keep my main speaker on my dictionary, which i occasionally use. So i liften my speaker, pulled it out, looked in it, found the word, liften speaker, layen back down on the dictionary. Thats all that really happened since last night before i went to bed. I've had problems with this before, where all i had to do was move my wire a millimeter to the side and it worked cuz of goddang wire transmission, but this doesnt seem to be it either. My speakers are pretty good, and with my dad in jail were a bit low on money, so i dont want to go out and buy new ones, nor crappy ones. Could it be my Audio Card, maybe it isnt pushed in all the way?

Is the left speaker cable that has electrical tape the cable that connects to the soundcard? If so you may want to remove the tape and see if the cut cable is totally disconnected and all the tape is doing is hiding the broken circuit. If the right speaker is the one connected to the soundcard, then you should still probably hear audio from it. I have a suggestion after you fix the cable problem you may want to put the dictionary under the right speaker and leave the left speaker alone until you can afford a new set of speakers. If you think the problem is with the soundcard you could get a pair of headphones and plug them into the headset port. If you still don't hear anything then I would start looking into the soundcard.