DUNE Tribes Game

Tezcatlipoca

Hrm. Sounds like you need a new ISP nice and fast. Not just because you want to play a computer game, but because that's really damned obnoxious.

To find out if your port is blocked you'll actually have to set up some sort of server on the port first, then try to ping it from the outside. There's lots of online programs that'll do a port scan once you have that set up (google will get you there quickly).

• 3 months later...

It appears the MasterServer is current down. If you're attempting to find the Dune server (or just play tribes in general) in the last day or two, you probably have recieved the message "Internet Connection Error. Could not contact any master server. Please verify your internet connection." All this means, is that the master server isn't currently able to be connected to, and as such, you can't get a list of open games.

If you look back in this thread, you'll find that this happens on occasion (every half to a quarter of a year). It only lasts for between two days and a week, usually averaging out at three to four days (The worst it lasted was two weeks).

Usually there are alternate master servers that some hosts, including myself with Dune, will switch to temporarilly, but it appears none of them are currently functioning at least this morning.

I will update again when either the master server comes back up, or when an alternate host is found again. It should only be a few days at the most.

• 4 months later...

I doubt anyone has tried to find a Dune server in the last three months, but I wanted to let anyone that was know that I'm actually able to host once again. I'm currently working on another mod, so I can't say it will be up consistantly, but from now on, if you want to play, check if it's up. If it isn't, send me an email/PM/ect to get my attention and I'll willingly put it up for you.

Hrm. Time wise, two of us have put in a few months on it so far, and it has some time left to go yet. We started close testing it today to make sure things flow correctly (which they didn't during testing, but they're bugs that are being worked out). Probably in a few weeks we could have it so people can play test at the same time fixes are being put in.

As for help, maybe. PM me with what you think you might be able to help with, and I'll throw a few suggestions of things you might know how to do back at you. If nothing else, player support of course would be encouraging and helpfull once we get it to a state where people can play it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hrm. Didn't see this post for a while; sorry. What particular problem are you experiencing? I can list a host of issues that you'll probably run into.

A) First you'll need to fix your game to point to a new "Master Server" so you can actually get a list of servers

B) You may want to host your own Dune server, as I don't think anyone consistantly does anymore (Through it's life time only 2 of us ever hosted it.) I just restarted mine but I haven't been consistant lately because there has been no interest. So, you should see my server "Tupile" on the list if you can get a list.

C) Other problems no doubt exist.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me directly or ask in this thread and I'll try to help.