Cooperative play question

semperfi73

I'm a Marine stationed overseas and am attempting to get into Emperor multiplayer on the internet. I've been playing Starcraft with a fella stationed in the Washington DC area and we're now trying to transition over to Emperor. We prefer cooperative play but have some issues with the game. My friend hosts the game, I join. Here's the problem - when we enter gameplay my friend has an established base and a fair amount of troops. I, on the other hand, have only a construction rig and 2 or 3 combat units. He's usually won a victory by the time I get up to speed. Any way we could start on a more equal footing? According to the manual we should be each starting with a construction unit. Any insights greatly appreciated. Semper Fi, Kerry

it's not really a bug or anything. that's just the way the folks over at WW decided to make it. the person that hosts get all the stuff and the partner gets stuck with practically nothing. the only way you can balance it out is for the person who hosted to give some units to you. to do that you click the unit and press 'O' it works especially well though when you get attacked at a place where you recently took over b/c you get all the stuff you had b4. you just ask your partner to give back your stuff and you can give him the mcv you had. it works out pretty well.

Greatly appreciate the information. We'll start making use of it. Still a bit awkward compared to what we're used to in Starcraft. Am curious if this represents Westwood's usual approach to cooperative play (or perhaps they don't implement coop as a general rule?)? At any rate, this old Jarhead thanks you very much. Semper Fi, Kerry

I enjoy the coop mission, Rogue and I have been trying to compleat one for ages it seems like now. Somethine always comes up. A lot of times after a mission it will never get to the 'continue' part it stay s at 'waiting for partner'. Its done that one Atr., and Ordos, Havent had it on Hark this time around. I like the Hark mission where you have to choos one of the two brothers to follow as Baron. Rogue did a sneaky thing in going past the turrets and getting the extra base down at the far end and it made the difference. But it gave them to me since I was the host... I hade to give him most of the stuff down there... most of it ;)

Oh heres a tip for the host of it when you get the re-enforcements and they always stay grouped on the side. You can selet the conyard and press the 'ctrl' key and it will change to a flag then you move your mouse to place the flag where you want your troops to go to instead of the side of the map.

lol, gotta love those scouts. the stealth really comes in handy. do you still remember the first time we played that mission, eons ago? lol, you built like 10 ADP's or something. since then though we've gotten better and i build the ADP's now ;D

the thing that sucks though is that whenever you play that mission the 'ally' always gets nuked in the same place like clockwork. you want to continue the coop after christmas. maybe i can get in a few games between Red Faction II, Lord of the Rings, and Zelda ;D maybe we can actually beat someone. lol.