Diablo II

Caid Ivik

I thought of buying this game for a while. Is the community still alive, or is it like Emperor?

HAHAHAH, what do you think? :) it is one of the most played games online heh.

And Caid, i think he meant the Amazon. She's a bit like the Rogue from Diablo 1

I thought of buying this game for a while. Is the community still alive, or is it like Emperor?

HAHAHAH, what do you think? :) it is one of the most played games online heh.

And Caid, i think he meant the Amazon. She's a bit like the Rogue from Diablo 1

Yup, that's indeed what I meant, sorry for the confusion..

Yesterday I've played Amazon, but I don't see much difference with Barbarian. I like magicians more. And B-Net Realms are full, still today. Blizzard worked on it for 5 years, next one on datadisc (NEED to play it with real action), so it won't perish so easy. Very good game, with much possibilities.

Yesterday I've played Amazon, but I don't see much difference with Barbarian. I like magicians more. And B-Net Realms are full, still today. Blizzard worked on it for 5 years, next one on datadisc (NEED to play it with real action), so it won't perish so easy. Very good game, with much possibilities.

There are big differences between the Barbarian and Amazon. The advantage for the Amazon is that she can cast a mirror of herself. She can cast also a helper, which if all skill points go to her, can be very effective against large groups to hold them off, while you freeze the whole bunch..

The Barbarian is just plain and simple blunt strength, noting more to it.

I like the Paladin the most. IMO the Paladin has most effective skills. Just look at the resistance skill for example. If you pump up this skill, you'll receive natural resistances (Barb has a similar skill, but less %). Another one is redemption, which transfers dead bodies in life and mana. As long as I have that skill active, I don't have to use any potion during the game (unless facing a unique monster alone).

As for attack spells, Vengence is a good one. It does elemental damages (all 3 of them). So whatever a monster is immune to, there will always be 2 other elemental damages you do. Not to mention fanaticism, which improves your attack speed and with it damage.

The Paladin has proven most effective to monsters who are immune to physical damages (at least that's my view).

Don't know why I typed all of this, thought I'd share this with you lot :)

My favorite is also Paladin. However i don't know which one is best, it differs per situation i guess.

Sorceress needs quite a bit of microing but can be a great killer, especially of many weak creatures like fallen ones and stuff, cuz she has many AOE weapons.

Barbarian is a great melee guy. Hardly anyone can stand up to him in a straight on one on one. Warcries and powerful skills like leap make it quite deadly. He can also wield two single handed weapons and sometimes even two 2handed weapons.

Paladin is a master of the shield and sword. He is a good healer and great supporter for him and his party. He also has some great fighting skills that can get rid of large groups of enemies like holy hammer (i don't know what it is called anymore but you know what i mean) and Zeal.

Amazon is a ranged warrior. She is incredible with her javelins and bow weapons. She is a great hit and run attacker at first, but at higher levels her skills make her great against larger groups of attackers also. She is quite hard to beat and can deal some severe punishment

Necromancer is a guy not to be understimated. Wether you choose to use bone skills, curses or allies like skeletons, golems and more he is a great, and incredibly funny guy. His skeletons are adorable and his golems can become incredible masters in fighting. His curses can weaken and confuse enemies while his bonespells like bonespear can obliterate groubs of enemies.

Druid is a force of nature. Bears, wolves strange worm like things, he has it all. His fighting skills are all closely involved with nature and it is a lust to see him fight.

Assassin is a women that does exactly what it name implies, assassinate. She can demonstrate some serious ass kicking ninja skills and can wield strange but to her, powerful weapons. She is a loner, but can deal some serious damage in a very short time this way.

About necro I can say he is best if you won't to play nice easy way. Someone's hard? Revive him. Curses are enough effective with one point. Life Tap, Iron Maiden, Attract, Amplify Damage... Then you have a nice Bone Spirit guided shot. Only problem is when you fight some boss... But with Bone Spirit and Decrepify it's also easy. You won't need powerful weapon when playing with him, just a nice wand (best come with Dol-Io rune combo), and much to Skeleton and Golem masteries.

Sorceress game is like a Doom. Just going and firing. Especially powerful is combination of freezing Glacial Spike and Fire Wall, which does big damage to stationary targets. What are lightning things for I don't know, expect Chain Lightning. Hydra is a nice barrier, little immortal helper for short time. Sorceress is best with one close-combat mercenary, especially desert ones with Defiance aura. That one will stop enemies, waiting for your massive fire support.

Paladin is best for multiplayer, especially in combination with druid or necromancer. When you have good auras also, which effect whole party. Best of them is Fanaticism, combination of Might (enhances damage), Vigor (speed) and Blessed Aim (dexterity). I played with a repeating crossbow enhanced by Holy Shock aura, which made it very powerful (gives lightning; when you have about 375 max damage for very fast ranged weapon...), but combat skills are also good. Especially when you have much in Conversion (my brother was always adoring it ;D ). Vengeance is like a cheat code. Have five points in it, and you are invincible.

But for all else it's just horrible clicking. Barbarian can at least enhance his speed (Frenzy). Difference with amazon is that she can give more improves into specified types of weapons (but also making it very powerful), barbar can give it to any type. Druid's wolves and bear aren't very powerful, his elementals attack in weird types, so he need to fight. Assassin is only other walk-and-crush. On start invincible, but soon you will enhance only Claw Mastery.