IP Lists

If you'd like to the corresponding IP adress for a website you can simply look to what IP you are connected at the time you visit the page. Or if you ping it it's show up to.

But then if you like to know the internal network IP's of individual companies, well .. you have no need to know that. The only reason could be you'r trying [ or want ] to hack into one of them.

If you're just curious and like to know how many IP's a company can get, or has just to get an indication of how they distribut IP's. Have a look at www.ripe.net.

I don't see the point why you would want to know. Besides, the only way to find out is to get that info from someone working there (unless you're an extremely good hacker)..

no, that is not correct. there is this command in DOS (which i forgot for a second) that gives the IP of everything you are currently connected to (Websites, chat messages, etc.)

That doesn't mean a thing. It probably show an IP of a border router. It doesn't mean that you're viewing the companies internal network IP. Note that I leave the discussion open as to what you actually see..

believe me, it worked ^-^ you can ask the guy who's comp got hacked :D

Right. I was more referring to (large) companies. And I'm not saying it can't be done, it just can't be done if you're not an experienced hacker.

Usually companies use IP addresses that are not allowed on the net. The ranges that can't be used in a WAN:

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255

169.254.0.0 -169.254.255.255

172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255

192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255

They use a border router to connect everything to the net. Those private IP addresses will never ever reach the net.

I know, so if you hack a company it's hard to hack one of the client computers, as only the servers IP is known on the net. All the clients are on a LAN. So in order to hack the clients, you have to be in the server, that is indeed harder to do