Answers to Dune questions.

TMA_1

I have read the books and sometimes its hard for me to understand some of the intricasies involved. Even about the technology and theoretically or from what the book says how it works. This post is for questions. All relavent questions on Dune can be asked and anybody can attempt to answer them. Only if they really think they know or absolutely do know. No half ways ideas.

Starting off. Is the Golden path a way to reconstruct the genetics of mankind in order to keep the human race from stagnating in one area and one pool of genetics for too long? Hense the scattering and the like are actually blessings in disguise? also what is Arafel? I know what it stands for from what siona explained in the next day, but why did Leto the second say that Ixians could no longer make it? How can you make what it refers to? thanks for the help :) everybody gather your questions.

• 4 weeks later...

Golden Path was a way to guide human behaviour into a different direction. Example, in Heretics it was mentioned that armed conflict was much lower then it was before LetoII.

Arafel means something like "end of the universe", if I recall correctly. Anyway, LetoII used the term to refer to the artificial intelligence the Ixians were planning to make.

As for the moons, Arakis wasn't physicly destroyed, only the surface. So I figure the moons remained intact :).

If you destroy surface with all biosphere, planet would soon fragmentate. So moons could stay as asteroids orbiting Canopus, but Dune too, as asteroids...

Golden Path was Leto's plan to prevent human from selfdestructing by Arafel by his deity reign.

Arafel was explained in one previous thread:

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/?board=1;action=display;threadid=7614