unread mail message

when I start my computer and it goes to the screen where you login, it says 1 unread mail message

I do not know where this came from. i checked all my mail clients and there is no new e-mail

I have winxp 512 ram, 80gb, p4 1.7, use ie outlook express to read mail, I recently installed netscape but the message didnt appear until 5 days later(no new mail there).

it is only saying that for one of the three users on computer, and that is the user that is used 98% of the time

it is not causing any known problems.

any help as to how to remove it?

Thanks Nyarlathotep i'm pretty sure it worked. Your the best.

ok after i did that my screen resolution in internet explorer just changed to a really big resolution, i can not make out the writing it is so small. maybe i need to restart my computer, but still..

i just rebooted, and it is still all small...hmm, but where i am typing in this reply is the normal size but the rest of it is small

it is affecting all internet sites. i will try to reverse what i have done

did that and that didnt work...... now i am angry...but i did make a backup copy of my reg before i made the changes. so if i reinstalled that would it fix it???

ok i just tried viewing dune2k in netsapce and it is all screwed up..but other web sites are ok in it.

ok i set the reg back to normal, i am getting the 1 unread mail thing and ie is still screwed up.

i did a system restore of my settings that were this morning and that fixed the problem ..now to try and get rid of that one unread message .

finally, i did that reg thing again and got rid of it and now ie works right....thanks!