Symbolism of Targets

Mahdi

World Trade Center:  The symbolism of the attack on this target varies depending on which terrorist organization actually planned and executed it.   If it was a Marest/communist terrorist organization, the possible symblism is this: The World Trade Center represents, well, world trade.  Capitalism.  Free economy.  Everything that Marxism is agains't.  The burning and collapse of the Trade Centers could represent the ineventable falling of capitalist society.  If Laden is behind it, it also could be a message saying "I finish what I start", refering to the fact that he was behind the 1993 bombing of the World Trade centers that failed to bring them down (an interesting note:  One of the plans tossed around by those responsible for the bombing was to fly a plane into the towers).  That message would also be a warning, with Laden saying that he finishes what he starts, he could be refering to the Holy War of terrorism he has declared on the united states.

The Pentagon:  Simply put, it may have been to show that the people responsible can hit you whenever and wherever they want.  There is no place protected enough, no place safe enough, to escape their wraith.   It could also be a message of contempt for the american military.  "We have so little respect for you, we are going to destroy your militaries nerve center."  This attack was also practicule, in that the plane crashed very close to the offices of the officers in charge of the army.  In one attack, they could have taken out the leadership of America's army.

Camp David:  The first thing that struck me about the attacks was the fact that while they hit economic and military targets, they didn't hit any political targets, such as the White House or the Capitol building (like in Tom Clancy's Debt Of Honour).  Then I ehard that Camp David was the likley target of the plane that went down near Pittsburg.  Camp David is like a cottage for the President.  The meaning could be "We can even attack and destroy the places of your President".  

There is so far no speculation on the subject of the Fourth hijacked airplane.

Remember:  The symbolism of these attacks posted here is entirly speculation.  There is no solid evidence to support them.

• 2 weeks later...