Children of Dune

Mahdi

The Sci-Fi channel has posted its reviews of returningandnew Genre television shows. Included in it was a section about miniseries and made for TV movies. Included in THAT is a short little blurb about Children of Dune. It doesn't say anything that those of you who have read the books don't already know, but since it's from the Sci-Fi channel, I figured I should post it anyway:

Children of Dune SCI FI, First half of 2003

Frank Herbert's Children of Dune continues the saga of the Atreides dynasty. This second six-hour miniseries from the SCI FI Channel is based on Dune Messiah and Children of Dune. Under Paul's rule as emperor, Dune has experienced a renaissance. However, a conspiracy threatens to destroy him. In the end, the future of Dune comes to rest in the hands of Paul's heirs, and his son Leto will end up having to make impossible decisions that will affect humanity itself. If Children of Dune even comes close to the quality of SCI FI's first miniseries, Dune, fans will be in for a treat. Academy-Award winner Susan Sarandon joins the cast.

Anyone else notice that the air date is first half of 2003 and no longer spring 2003? My guess is it'll be shown during may sweeps, although I'd have prefered november sweeps myself. :)

• 3 weeks later...