Unit SFX

harkahn

Hey All.

I used to post in the old Dune 2000 forums under Harkahn I believe. I am the creator of Epic Dune 2000 for you that were here back in the day. Been messing with some Emperor's files. One question I have, is it impossible to change which firing sounds go with which unit/defense struct.? I ask because in the mod I am making I have a few changes to make, not to the sounds themselves, but to which sound goes with which unit. An example, the Harkonnen gun turret uses the same sound as the assault tank. I wish to make it use the sound of the Harkonnen ADP firing instead, but cannot for the life of me figure out how this can be accomplished without making the assault tank sound like the ADP as well. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Jason

Hey Jason, good to see you back! :)

I think what you are looking for is in Text strings.txt which can be found in Strings0001.rfh, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hummm ... all my sound files are in the Data/dialog directory ... which each house having their own .txt file.

Hmmm.. alright I tried it, and it didnt really work. I used a Hex editor to change all the strings in the HKGunturret xbf files. There were 8 or 9 in all. No change, except that if I have it try to load the first 3 files of those 8 or 9, something like HKGunturret_H0, HKGunturret_h1, and HKGunturret_h2 it crashes to the desktop when loading a game, save game or whatnot... do you have any ideas why this is? Any help is appreciated.

- Jason