Why?

This is deduction...

Leto's army was feared because it rivalled the sardaukar. One sardaukar can take on 10 landsraad conscripts (that'ts in the books for sure). Therefore one Atreides can take on at least 5 Harkonnens.

Nema, You have said good things in this thread owning up to the wisdom of the mentat which your avatar emulates, but here you are only partially correct. It IS said in the book that the Sardaukar could have taken 10 Lansraad conscripts yes, but this was "at their apex". It also says that by the time of Shaddam IV their strength was no longer that great due to overconfidence.

The Harkonen never 'Controlled' Arrakis, in the beggining of the book their fief of overlooking spice production for the emperor is replaced by the Atreides. That is how the Harkonen got rich, but they never controlled Arakis, they were merely there by the Emperor's whim.

About the victor of Dune 2000 I understand this:

No one won the first spice war. Remember the Arrakis was only up for grabs because the Emperor said it was, without the Emperor to acknowledge a victory there could be no winner. None of the possible endings in Dune 2000 occured because Lady Elara assasinated the emperor before the war was over. After the emperor was assasinated the great Lansraad Council was convened and the war of assassins began.

Actually, a Sardaukar CAN take 10 Landsraad conscripts, but during their best times they were even better- a match for a 10th level Ginaz swordfighter or even a Bene Gesserit. But Duncan Idaho (swordfighter) managed to take down 19 before he died.

In the Dune2000 Ordos ending scene the Emperor gets poisoned by Elara (as seen as well in Emperor intro movie) and the palace gets blown up. BG was allied with Ordos.

And another thing, the lady Elara did poison the Emperor, but I don't think the ordos won for two reasons. First, in one of the maps in Emperor you happen upon the ruins of the Imperial palace, it is still largely intact, meaning that none of the houses destroyed it. Second, if any of the houses would have won, then Lady Elara would not have survived, as she is in the palace when all three houses destroy the it.

RA2 is just a fake story. But let we don't discuss about that, too bad there are some RA2 supporters here, and they will get mad :)

But the C&C Time line is: RA-C&C-TS-?

And that from Dune is: DuneII/Dune2k-Emperor

You're telling me there won't be a Starcraft 2 ??

And there WAS a Warcraft 2, even though the orcs won in WC1.

And C&C1 happens after RA1 if the Soviets win.

Edric, you are replying to the opposite of what I said.

I implied that because Starcraft, warcraft, and red alert, ended with the bad guys winning - there WOULD be sequels. Besides the true victors of RA and Warcraft are only revealed in the sequel (not the case in starcraft).

Oh, ok MegaPaw. I agree with that.

RA2 has a pathetic storyline. It's not even worth considering. That plot has more holes in it then a contaminator shot by a sardaukar. :) But let's not get into that...

Tib Sun/Firestorm is my favourite C&C game of all time. But, sadly, I don't think it will ever have a sequel. Most likely there will never be a Tiberian Twilight. :'( :'( :'( Think about it: Kane (Joe Kucan) no longer works for WW, and now EA has taken control of C&C and uses it as a rubber stamp fot its RTS games, like Generals. "C&C" Generals is more similar to Starcraft than to C&C!

C&C is dead. :'(