How do the Ordos fit into it all?

Scorpius

I found this in the back of the first Dune novel.

CORRIN, BATTLE OF: the space battle from which the Imperial House Corrino tookits name. The battle fought near Sigma Draconis in the year 88 B.G. settled theascendancy of the ruling House from Salusa Secundus.
My question is, Is there any realation to Draconis IV (planet Ordos are from) and this Sigma Draconis?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite upset that they put the Ordos into the game. I would have liked WW to have kept the game as close to the books as possible. Of course, there's a lot of other things WW added into the game, so why complain? (I've read the first Dune novel now; there are no tanks mentioned, for one thing.)

Why didn't they let you play for House Corrino (or some other dominant house) in E:BFD instead?

yeah but I think they made a few good chioces, my opinions are these: They added Ordos thinking well SC had 3 houses and it gave the players more gameplay and got Blizzard more profit, so why dont we do it also? And about Corrino that was the absoulute best move to do, no one wants a House in the game that is so diminent over the others, its like one ant vs 1000, not very fun. Until next post, Vilgent.

Yeah, Dune 2 was released way before Starcraft (it was released even before Blizzard released their first RTS game, Warcraft).

Anyway, the thing about having House Corrino in the game was just a suggestion; they could have had some other major house in the game (none come to my mind at the moment). Perhaps this Other House could have been sneaky like the Ordos and people would have liked it just the same.

But really (and don't start shouting at me yet) you don't NEED three sides. I mean, there've been many very good and famous RTS games with only two sides, e.g. C&C, RA (even though I never thought RA was very good), TA, Warcraft.