Page Cannot Be Displayed

Frequently when my parents and I go online more than once (one connection) in an hour we get the error "Page Cannot Be Displayed". The only way to make it go away is to restart the computer. I personally think it is my Internet Service Provider if you can call such an error filled service a service. Anyhow, its been going on for more than a month now and I want to ask, if you don't mind, any ideas why it does that?

So the first time you go online you have no problems ?

Are there certain pages that are not displayed, or are all pages not displayed ?

Do you have a firewall running ? If so, try closing it and see if the problem returns. I tried ZoneAlarm and I also had the same problem as you're having. When I closed it, the problem was gone.

Make sure your temp internet folder is empty and try to delete the cookies.

Yep, it never happens when you first go on, but then its every page when you go on within an hour of disconnect or so.

Thanks Nyar, I'd try taking off my firewall except recently my comp was almost hacked. Maybe I should look around for another one if that is what's doing it though. And after I'm done online I'll empty the temp folder and see if that helps.

Hmm, just checked up on BlackICE, and the reviews are horrible, everything from "it crashes my comp at least once a week" to "don't confuse this with a firewall, this is a piece of junk that tells you your computer was hacked but doesn't do anything about it."

Ordos, the suggestion to shutdown the firewall was just for testing purposes. At least that way you are able to tell if it's the firewall or not.

In ZoneAlarm there's an option that if adds (and pages apperently) do not load within 3 secs (default option), it will not load the page.

I do not know about any other firewalls, but they might have some sort of same option..

Did you see any improvement so far ?