I also need the game's images

neonext

I was getting somewhat far with a clone of the original Command and Conquer when I decided to switch to Dune 2 in order to actually finish the game someday. As it stands right now, the movement and interface is already better than Dune 2 (Think of a cross between Dune 2 and Command and Conquer, kind of like Dune 2000 but with the original Dune 2 art). I can easily extract the art files out of C&C and convert them into usable images, but I can only extract the art files out of Dune 2 - I can't convert them. I don't want to have to resort to taking screen shots, because I want to make sure I have all the frames of animation used and also because it's just a real pain.

All I need to do is throw the Dune 2 art in the game, make a few modifications, add some AI, and then I should have the first version done (skirmish mode).

Can anyone please supply me with the images I need (mostly concerned about structures and units) or help me figure out how to convert them?

in case u are wondering about the game itself,

It only runs correctly on Windows XP, although this will probably change soon, because Dune 2's unit/structure blitting isn't nearly as complicated as C&C's.

It can be run in 10 different resolutions (ranging from 640x480 to 1600x1200). I hope to raise this number by adding resolutions below 640x480.

It has limited sound. The entire sound system will be updated eventually, and there will be no music until then (who cares anyways, i just use winamp).

The game itself will be a very close clone of Dune 2. I will be improving the game engine with a better interface (being able to select more than one unit at a time, better build menu, better game menus...), and better graphics (higher resolutions, better menus...). Also I will obviously be adding a skirmish mode (max players currently set at 4, but this probably will be increased later) and someday multiplayer. In addition to new structured campaigns for the 3 sides, there will be a brand new "skirmish campaign" where the battles will go on and on until someone captures the whole planet (think of the map where you select the next level, well the territories will go back and forth between the 3? sides in this mode).

If I have help, I would much rather spend my time making a good editor, and let people submit maps for the structured campaigns. I am always open for comments and questions, and I always appreciate help with my projects.

i can get it to dump all the images as pcx images for me to use, but it makes 1 image for each frame, which makes it a pain for me. however, it's much less of a pain than getting the images myself, so thank you :)

• 1 month later...