I need help :(

Adrian

I have downloaded many campaign mods, I have installed them put them in my dune 2000 carpet, Then copy and paste the complete campaign carpet into mission launcher but when i open it i cant find them in mission launcher :(

Help is required that is advice (send images or link to clip if you can)

First I will assume you have this:

image.thumb.png.6d0998feb3633b7f297f134c6b882340.png

If don't, download it from here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/28811-release-dune-2000-mission-launcher-12/
Read any instructions there.

From your other post, you were trying to download "Mercenary Campaign - Fall of the Emperor".

Step 1: download the campaign from the original post.
image.png.f0bc3f6c10eafc66d61b84c72cf605be.png <-- this is just an image.

Step 2: extract/unzip that file into a folder.

Ignore any "Merc - FOE" or any other folder, just go inside until you reach this point where you see these two folders:

image.png.aa8bd4c6d7ddaf8f1e6af8cbf3804966.png

Select and Copy both UI_Data and Missions (select both - right click and choose copy).

Go into this path, where you have installed the game.

image.png.0a1c06561bb3fe875815d346786e3523.png

And paste it just there; It will merge the new files with the old files the game had with no conflicts.

Step 3: Open the Mission Launcher (Don't have it open while you do steps 1 and 2, if you had it, close and reopen it again).
image.thumb.png.6d0998feb3633b7f297f134c6b882340.png

Click on "All Missions".

Select "Mercenaries" and they should be there.
image.png.453d8de2f3a7b7d915149c0897e16dc7.png

Edited by Cm_blast

New issue : After playing some war of the landsraad missions i went to play Ixian campaign (ix masters of technology) mission 2 and when the mission started i only had 5 grenadier units, i read that the grenadiers were called "combat tanks" and i didnt know what to do

The same thing happens to me in any other missions i start with grenadiers instead of combat tanks and when i build combat tanks in heavy factories it says "grenadier" or "frigate"

Anyone knows why and how to fix it? :)

Edited by Adrian
misspell

13 hours ago, Adrian said:

New issue : After playing some war of the landsraad missions i went to play Ixian campaign (ix masters of technology) mission 2 and when the mission started i only had 5 grenadier units, i read that the grenadiers were called "combat tanks" and i didnt know what to do

The same thing happens to me in any other missions i start with grenadiers instead of combat tanks and when i build combat tanks in heavy factories it says "grenadier" or "frigate"

Anyone knows why and how to fix it? :)

you need to copy the "CustomCampaignData" folder on the main path.

where you have dune2000.exe and so on.

So you will have folders:
"CustomCampaignData" (on the download itself).
data
Documentation
gamesave
etc...

CustomCampaignData is a new folder that will apply some modifications, although not sure how you are getting grenadiers as they are combat tanks, unless you copied the modifications from the war of the landsraad directly into your game instead using the CustomCampaignData folder that it is added.

It is really important for you to have the folder:
image.png.dfc161d6da751e1d280291fcbc7fb96f.png

Any mission that make use of modded stuff (new tanks or in general different tech) to check if the campaign includes a CustomCampaignData and if they do, just copy it into this area, it shouldn't conflict.

If you didn't have this folder before playing the war of the landsraad missions and you just copy directly into your game then you are altered the game for good; you still can play my campaign with no problem; but if you want to be sure if you game is fine or not begin the original Atreides mission 9 version 2 map. If instead of tanks you get grenadiers then you applied the War of the landsraad modifications wrong and now you game is affected.

If that's the case you will totally need to recuperate the original files.

So first, check if starting Atreide mission 9 you have tanks or grenadiers; if you have some grenadiers there tell me, I will pass you the original files.
Here:
data-bin.rar<-- unzip, enter the Folder "template original" and copy everything into the "data/bin" path. These are the vanilla unmodded files.
And remember, nowadays if a game has anything that will mod it (new tech, sardaukar added, etc) the campaign will have a CustomCampaignData that will handle this modifications withouth altering the original game or any other campaigns.

As an extra note, just in case. never start a mission and load a mission saved from another campaign (nor mission). I mean, if you started Ixian mission 4 and saved the game but didn't finish it, the next day also start Ixian mission 4 and then load the save; on certain campaigns it won't matter if you started mission 4 or 7 and then loaded, but on others it totally will affect as every mission may use their own sub-mod.

I will try to do that, thanks for the support :)

I was saying that because i couldn't enjoy that ixian campaign because also when i built an Ixian Factory (it looked like a light factory) it only allowed me to build light vehicles 

and no deviator nor devastator, I could also crush units, and when i built ix research center i couyld only get soniic tank (IN THE HEAVY FACTORY) my PC is crazy :/ 

2 hours ago, Adrian said:

I will try to do that, thanks for the support :)

I was saying that because i couldn't enjoy that ixian campaign because also when i built an Ixian Factory (it looked like a light factory) it only allowed me to build light vehicles 

and no deviator nor devastator, I could also crush units, and when i built ix research center i couyld only get soniic tank (IN THE HEAVY FACTORY) my PC is crazy 😕

if you don't apply the CustomCampaignData as I told you (and using the proper version of the mission launcher which also I pointed to) you are not playing the missions the way it is suppose.

you are not suppose to build a "light factory", but have access to a second heavy factory. The regular one can build the combat tank, siege tank... and the "other heavy Factory" can build sonit tanks, devastators and deviator.

And yeah, you are not suppose to crush unit, so yeah, you are totally not applying correctly the mod at all.