Grand Prix

Well, after a some lengthy time, I finally let the RT3 scenarios cool, and know that the RT2 scenarios would fill in some enjoyable time,  which I have found to be a factor in the past.

This is an old scenario, but as I am playing through these RT2 scenarios, I find the Grand Prix to be a considerably interesting challenge.

The scenario has 9 different territories, of which a player much complete some "task", in order to advance into each territory.  It may sound easy as the start, but a player will be surprised at the difficulty levels.  Don't try completing it in a setting, unless you don't want to get any sleep or eaten meals for days.   LOL

I do believe that a player will find it a worthwhile endeavor.   The time duration is that of 75 years, Even after an "aggressive" attempt in the Expert,  and finishing it in 60 years, I was only able to get the "Silver Medal", even though I thought I would be able to get the Gold, having completed the challenges in  what I believed an adequate duration of time.    ????    But it was the enjoyment of the challenge.

Good Luck in your attempts.   :unsure:

In a "time of thought", I was wondering the reason for not getting a GOLD.  Here are a couple of ideas, of which might be the challenge.

As I only played "1 side" of the scenario, there were "pop ups" on the opposite side of the scenario, for bonus amounts for the connection to different cities.   In "thinking", it is possible that a player has to play "both" sides of the scenario, to get GOLD.

Hence  I took the challenge, but was unable to an "operative"  access.   I could merge, but not able to lay track.  and if I changed the consists already initiated, it would hang up any further play of that opposing side of the scenario.

Then, when I tried to get the access, of which a player has to attain the "authority authorized",  that became a problem.  The initial requirement was that of "Fair",  but when I was finally able to get "my side" to attain that request, the opposite side had then increased the requirement to that of "normal".  And  then I found the same for that requirement.   Each time I was able to achieve the requirement,  I was confronted with a new increase of rating.   And during this time, I was  aggresively  initiating play.

So, there you have the problems encountered in trying to "maybe" the reason for not getting GOLD.  Hence the challenge.  You "top" Tycoon, see if this is a challenge, or just your "normal" was of playing, for the GOLD.   :(

Increased rating (reputation) is good for a player looking to buy rights. The higher rating means that a territory will demand less bribe money to let you in.

Be aware that there are two types of rights: Track-building and train-running. You almost always need both. You can see what rights each company has by calling up the company report and going back to the map tab. There are three map types to choose from.

On 05/04/2018 at 4:52 PM, Ray of Sunshine said:

" Even after an "aggressive" attempt in the Expert,  and finishing it in 60 years, I was only able to get the "Silver Medal", even though I thought I would be able to get the Gold, having completed the challenges in  what I believed an adequate duration of time."

According to the author's readme  here http://sirian.warpcore.org/rt2/granprix.txt you need to complete in 50 years to get the gold in single player