Sign in to follow this  
Cm_blast

[Release] Ixian Campaign - Masters of Technology

I am about to release a new Campaign for Dune 2000. This one is based on the Ixian Faction, fighting in a traditional type of Campaign (starting low tech, conquering Dune... the usual stuff), although in terms of missions I tried some new ideas for maps. The main plot is just the Ixian fighting to control Dune against the usuall trio of Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos, although the Tleilaxu, Fremen and Mercenaries will appear at some point.

First, need to say that I touched a lot the Tech tree of the game. In general the player always will have the advantage of the tech, so when the Atreides are building the Trike/Quad thing, the player is already building Combat Tanks, so the Tech of lots of buildings/units have been reduced, while a couple of them increased.

In terms of Raw power/armor/weapons I only change 2 things: The Combat tank, being a mix among the Atreides, Ordos and Harkonnen Tank (stats and visually). This unit was already introduced in my single mission "Ix - The Technology is ours", being the same.
Also, the Stealth Raider use the Fremen type of weapon (also presented in that single mission).

All the detalied info about the modified Tech tree is on a .txt note, but as a summary, I can tell you a couple of things:
- The player can't build the Light Factory, but in his place now you will build a "new" building called "Ixian Factory". This new factory is necessary to build Deviator, Sonic Tank and Devastator (only the player can build this) and using a separated queue (you can build a combat tank and a Sonic Tank at the same time).
- Player will build the High Tech Factory, although looks like the ATreides one. Both Carryall and airstrike are available.
- MCV can't be builded, but the Starport offers the regular stuff (trikes, MCV, carryall, etc) more CY can be deployed.
- Not for the player, but the Sietchs now actually can spawn units like the barracks (the sietch stands of his own).
- FOOT UNITS CAN'T BE CRUSHED BY TANKS. Yes, now you actually need to use the light infantry, the Siege tank and the Sonic tank as the main source to kill Troopers. <-- of course, the player should abuse this and train lots of troopers in early-mid levels to protect against any vehicle the enemy want to send you. And of course, the Siege Tank become much more valuable, even more with all those Tleilaxu-Fremen enemies.
- The Atreides still have the regular Light factory and original Atreides Combat Tank, so they behave like normal.

In the zip I added a Text.uib called "TextIxENG.uib", don't forget to apply this file so in the game appears "Ixian Factory" instead "Light Factory". This will affect the enemy, but since the game called "enemy building" doesn't matter. Now, if you capture a Light factory will be called "Ixian Factory" too, but don't get it wrong, Trikes and Quads will share the same queue as your Deviator/Devastators, so don't really worth it.

Finally, a couple of images:
58eaabb692a5b_IxTechnology1.PNG.b18c876cdc1ee25aaeb0eb7996ac17da.PNG58eaabb9653d9_IxTechnology2.PNG.b53a5da42960ca0ed436f068285b45f3.PNG58eaabbcbf2fe_IxTechnology3.PNG.6bf63776ac1dea758ee0e7493626a342.PNG

The rar include plenty of instructions. Don't forget to apply all of them to have the full experience on the game.
Copy Tiledata.bin if you've never done it before (Doesn't affect the original game).
Copy TextIxENG.uib or the game will crash (No need to overwrite anything).
Copy templates.bin to change all the rules, or else the game may crash or being incomplete (and one level almost unbeatable). Remember to do a back_up of the original in this case so you can revert to the original state.
And of course, copy mis/map/ini files.

I think all is done. I did a small test and the game works ok in my vanilla dune 2000 version (of course, you still need the lastest dune2000.exe and missionlauncher.exe, you can get those for this very forum. My readme have the direct link to that).

Small update (18/10/2018): 
-The Ixian Combat Tank was suppose to have a mix stats from the three original tanks. Now it's fixed and the tank it's as fast as it should be.

If I am missing a file report me.
Download: IX Masters of Technology.rar

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 1

very nice idea with tanks, now i need make first time light troopers and siege tanks, since best combo were(ordos player) quad+combat tank

i like it

Edited by Szwagier

On 13/4/2017 at 0:05 AM, Szwagier said:

very nice idea with tanks, now i need make first time light troopers and siege tanks, since best combo were(ordos player) quad+combat tank

i like it

Thanks.

Yes, I found myself building more Siege tanks than ever. Although half the reason is because the Tleilaxu-Fremen part.

As a new note, after some days I restarted playing the campaign again, and I found that I forgot to add the Sandworm in the second mission. It's not suppose to be opresive for the player, but a least 1 worm should be present.

After I end replaying the whole campaign I will update the file.

I'm gonna give this one a try when I get the chance. :D

7 hours ago, Fey said:

I'm gonna give this one a try when I get the chance. :D

Train troopers :P

Oh, I found another problem, well. In mission 3 the player can destroy or capture some buildings (you can do that in every mission, but only here the briefing suggest the capture option). I encounter that capturing the building gives to the player early access to the Ixian Factory (but you can do nothing with it, so is a waste of money and energy).

I think I know why this happens, so I am going to change so at least in this level that doesn't happen. Probably will still happening in mission 4, but I don't really mind there.

Again, after all the last fixes are prepared I will update the whole file.

52 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Train troopers :P

Oh, I found another problem, well. In mission 3 the player can destroy or capture some buildings (you can do that in every mission, but only here the briefing suggest the capture option). I encounter that capturing the building gives to the player early access to the Ixian Factory (but you can do nothing with it, so is a waste of money and energy).

I think I know why this happens, so I am going to change so at least in this level that doesn't happen. Probably will still happening in mission 4, but I don't really mind there.

Again, after all the last fixes are prepared I will update the whole file.

Should I wait to download the whole thing or play it as is? :O And do you want feedback like you gave me for my maps?

17 minutes ago, Fey said:

Should I wait to download the whole thing or play it as is? :O And do you want feedback like you gave me for my maps?

Download it right now. I already fixed the missing Sandworm and now the Ixian Factory shouldn't appear after capturing the buildings.

Indirectly, the Ordos now use a Tech of 4 in mission 3, but since they don't have carryalls or missile launchers nothing shouldn't change.

Just play as normally, If you find anything out of place tell me.

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Download it right now. I already fixed the missing Sandworm and now the Ixian Factory shouldn't appear after capturing the buildings.

Indirectly, the Ordos now use a Tech of 4 in mission 3, but since they don't have carryalls or missile launchers nothing shouldn't change.

Just play as normally, If you find anything out of place tell me.

Kk.

Final run complete, no more changes unless someone encounter a line I forgot to translate or something big.

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Final run complete, no more changes unless someone encounter a line I forgot to translate or something big.

Link updated? Can I redownload? c:

1 hour ago, Fey said:

Link updated? Can I redownload? c:

Yes. Although If you download it a few days ago should be the same.

Anyway, just in case the file was reuploaded again, just to be sure. If you want download it right now and that's it. Se finí!

Edited by Cm_blast