Updating and rearranging missions/campaigns from D2k+

Cm_blast

1 hour ago, djbaskan60 said:

hi cm_blast , i can edit (for time based ...) and i will new campaign , Soon

You mean rewriting the briefing? I don't mind, although right now I just found that the author is still active, but with a new account that don't have any posts yet. If you want to rewrite maybe you can ask if he wants to. His new account is " jbil1989 " .

On 12/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, djbaskan60 said:

hımm. okay, i will ask him 

how that task is going? Have you been able to contact him?

Another thing to discuss:
I want to make a general call.

How do you people feel about uploading all this into the d2kplus site? Like for example upload them separately as a updated version compatible with the mission launcher which also you no longer need to overwrite files (Except the ones using Tibed/tiledata.bin).

Even could be included in the same section as the original campaign. I mean, like clicking in "Atreides - Battle for dune", and the page open with the text "Download Atreides - Battle for Dune (X Downloads), adding another text below like "Download Atreides - Battle for Dune <version compatible with mission launcher> (X Downloads)" <-- or something similar, so both are accesibles from the webpage.

Maybe at least a readme.txt is needed or something similar.

While I was doing the main mod index I found a very old single mission done by Galaxy back in 2015.

This map use a very single idea: you, as the Mercs, fighting with the Ordos against several enemies. There is no briefing provided, with the exception of the protection on the outposts (yours and your ally) to keep receiving deliveries.

The mission starts very easy because the player begin with the Starport, so tons of units will arrive; but in the long run, once the enemies start going together on large numbers the map will become more harder (but as long as the outpost it's still there the player will always have units ready to fight).

I updated the mission to work with the mission launcher. Only a small fix were done to have the "The ixian have been annihilated" line instead saying "atreides" when destroying the side 7 AI plus now on the launcher you will be in the merc section.

First post update to present that single map.

Edited by Cm_blast

I got a new mod from the "moddb.com" website, by the name "changed Dune". The author its MustaphaTR, which has an account on this forum. I tried to contact him a couple of months ago but not response; anyway; I will post this for collection purpose.

Changed dune it's a mod that change a lot the Tech of the game. This mod it's suppose to be applied into the game and then playing the original game with those changes, but he added a few small aditions to some maps to be able to win since, for example, you cannot train engineers on the mission about capturing the smuggler outpost, so some of those units are given on reinforcements.

However, he create three custom maps that, although copied from the original maps, they are totally new (enemies moved, other enemies or a total new map), so I am going to upload those three here to showcase the tech.

On the spoiler it's the info about all the editing in case you are interested.

Spoiler

his mod was made lots of time ago. Just wanted to open a ModDB page. Here is the list of changes:

1. Fremens has ordos light factory and they can make raider.
  2. Atreides doesn't have trooper and quad.
  3. Sonic Tanks can destroy itself, Deviators can capure buildings by entering it like engineer. Devestators are very powerful but they can't destroy itself and they doesn't have self-healing
  4. Harkonnen doesn't have light inf. and trike.
  5. Quad doesn't need upgrade, they have machine gun, they are a bir speedier and can crush enemy infantries.
  6. Raider needs upgrade and they have rocets.
  7. Harvaster has 80mm guns. (Same as Combat Tanks)
  8. Raider can be purached at starpot and trike can't.
  9. Siege Tanks can turn its barrel.
  10. Grenadier, Thumper, Stealth Raider and MP Sardukar can be trained at missions.
  11. Concretes and walls are cheaper.
  12. Constraction Yards give more power.
  13. Ordos can't train engineers.
  14. Thumper infantry can only train by Atreides.
  15. Carryalls are speedier and cheaper than normal.
  16. Ornithopters and DHMB's are a bit more powerful.
  17. Sonic Tanks are now worse against wooden armor.(Barracks, Hi-Tech Fac, Heavy Fac. IX Res. Center, Trike, Raiders, Missle Tank and Deviator)
  18. Rafinery is needed for Harvaster like RA2.
  19. Changed silos deathanim.
  20. Emperor's Sardukars has framethowers and they can be purached from starport for Atreides and Ordos (Harkonnen's is MP Sardukar)
  21. Barracks and Hi-Tech Fac.'s has different HP's like Combat Tanks.
  22. Imperial CY and Heavy Fac. is stronger than others.
  23. Ordos Rocet Turret is cheaper but its Build Time is Long.
  24. Changed Gun Turrets Build Time and ROF.
  25. Atreides and Harkonnen don't have Upgrade of Light Fac.
  26. Ordos doesn't have Upgrade of Barracks.
  27. Troopers and Raiders can attack air.

The custom maps don't showcase 100% of the changes done. The Atreides map don't have tech enough to produce sonic tanks, but at least you will see a difference of not having quads or troopers to help you against enemy tanks.

First post updated with this mod and three custom maps, 1 per faction. Remember that applying all the files will modify your game, do back ups before overwritting!

Edited by Cm_blast

• 9 months later...

Since I no longer have enough room on the first post to add more, I will add it here.

This is the rearrange of the Luisito EB Pack set of campaigns. The author uploaded a portable version of the game that contained 4 new campaigns (Imperial, Fremen, Smugglers and Mercenaries); these could be selected though the "select mission" in game (instead the launcher). Every campaign contained 7-9 missions plus 2º versions of half of them, a total of 46 missions splitted bewteen the four.

As a plus, a new set of "TEST maps" for all the factions, being the main trio more smaller and simple, while the other sub-factions more larger, complex and many Ais and events attach to them. This is a total of 9 Test missions for all these factions: "Atreides, Brick (black faction), Smuggler, Emperor, Fremen, Harkonnen, Ixian, Mercenary and Ordos).

So I ported all these missions to be able to be played using the mission launcher just like every other mission. I renamed the files to contain author's name and swapped factions, ais, alliances and events so every campaign can be selectable from their proper version (as they were using Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos).

The author partially used a slighly modification with Tibed to add the multiplayer units into the campaign mode, so any Ordos related faction (smugglers, mercs...) can have access to the St.Raider and so on. On top of that, special weapons such as the Devastator and the Deviators can be produced by sub-factions too, so imperial can build devastator and both smugglers and mercs can build deviator.

I took the liberty of fixing wrong events, missing conditions to either win or loose or changing a bit certain parts that looked wrong. For example, there is a mission where you need to destroy all the enemy harversters before they reach the bottom of the map. However, as the last group of harverster spawn the mission win triggers before they even reach half the map, thus I turned the mission win into "killing all the harverster" instead on a set timer.

I played most of these missions to check if I did everyright right and to see myself how certain in-game message triggers, just to be sure that I did everything correctly or there is any extra fixing.

The original post for more here, but it is in spanish:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27745-actualización-de-dune-2000-v34-a-35/

Note 1: The author had included multi-language support. The portable version of the game loaded both in game message and briefing messages on the language selected. The launcher doesn't allow to load the briefing on multi-language, so I only did both spanish (personal use) and english (which is the one posted here); however, as I added a "Custom Campaign Data" folder any ingame message still will load correctly, including german and french.

Note 2: The missions are more focused on building and battling than gathering resources, as, somehow, on the portable the spice worth 3 times more. I changed the values on the .ini to keep consistency and because it seems it was designed that way considering the low amount of refineries and harversters the AI can have. this means that if you are playing a mission with only barracks and light factories, even with only 2 refineries you won't be able to spend the money faster that you can gather it, as now 1 full harverster can pick up 2100 credits.

Warning: As I had to swap lots of things like units, Ai values, events... it is possible that I did something wrong, report to me if a weird alliance happens, like the briefing saying that the mercenaries are allies but the alliance is only 1 way (which means, that your units won't fight him, but they actually fight you); I tested most of the missions but is still possible that I miss something here and there.

And here the file:Pack Luisito EB.rar

Reuploaded with 2 missions were fixed and a fix on the text.uib, if you game keeps getting an error "String missing", redownload and move all the files again.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, Cm_blast said:

Since I no longer have enough room on the first post to add more, I will add it here.

This is the rearrange of the Luisito EB Pack set of campaigns. The author uploaded a portable version of the game that contained 4 new campaigns (Imperial, Fremen, Smugglers and Mercenaries); these could be selected though the "select mission" in game (instead the launcher). Every campaign contained 7-9 missions plus 2º versions of half of them, a total of 46 missions splitted bewteen the four.

As a plus, a new set of "TEST maps" for all the factions, being the main trio more smaller and simple, while the other sub-factions more larger, complex and many Ais and events attach to them. This is a total of 9 Test missions for all these factions: "Atreides, Brick (black faction), Smuggler, Emperor, Fremen, Harkonnen, Ixian, Mercenary and Ordos).

So I ported all these missions to be able to be played using the mission launcher just like every other mission. I renamed the files to contain author's name and swapped factions, ais, alliances and events so every campaign can be selectable from their proper version (as they were using Atreides, Harkonnen or Ordos).

The author partially used a slighly modification with Tibed to add the multiplayer units into the campaign mode, so any Ordos related faction (smugglers, mercs...) can have access to the St.Raider and so on. On top of that, special weapons such as the Devastator and the Deviators can be produced by sub-factions too, so imperial can build devastator and both smugglers and mercs can build deviator.

I took the liberty of fixing wrong events, missing conditions to either win or loose or changing a bit certain parts that looked wrong. For example, there is a mission where you need to destroy all the enemy harversters before they reach the bottom of the map. However, as the last group of harverster spawn the mission win triggers before they even reach half the map, thus I turned the mission win into "killing all the harverster" instead on a set timer.

I played most of these missions to check if I did everyright right and to see myself how certain in-game message triggers, just to be sure that I did everything correctly or there is any extra fixing.

The original post for more here, but it is in spanish:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27745-actualización-de-dune-2000-v34-a-35/

Note 1: The author had included multi-language support. The portable version of the game loaded both in game message and briefing messages on the language selected. The launcher doesn't allow to load the briefing on multi-language, so I only did both spanish (personal use) and english (which is the one posted here); however, as I added a "Custom Campaign Data" folder any ingame message still will load correctly, including german and french.

Note 2: The missions are more focused on building and battling than gathering resources, as, somehow, on the portable the spice worth 3 times more. I changed the values on the .ini to keep consistency and because it seems it was designed that way considering the low amount of refineries and harversters the AI can have. this means that if you are playing a mission with only barracks and light factories, even with only 2 refineries you won't be able to spend the money faster that you can gather it, as now 1 full harverster can pick up 2100 credits.

Warning: As I had to swap lots of things like units, Ai values, events... it is possible that I did something wrong, report to me if a weird alliance happens, like the briefing saying that the mercenaries are allies but the alliance is only 1 way (which means, that your units won't fight him, but they actually fight you); I tested most of the missions but is still possible that I miss something here and there.

And here the file:
Pack Luisito EB.rar

which house are you?

13 hours ago, Adrian said:

which house are you?

The Luisito Eb Pack are the 4 houses. Fremen, Mercenary, Smugglers and Imperial.

On the first post (on the first page) there is a pack that include several campaigns, so the houses are scattered there.

• 9 months later...

I find out this campaign on my computer which authors I don't know, either somebody uploaded/shared this or I found it on a web.

Anyway, the campaign was reusing the vanilla naming meaning that you had to overwritte the vanilla maps, so I ported the missions to work with the mission launcher withouth having to loose the original missions.

This campaign reuse the core of all the original Harkonnen missions, but slighly altered to make them harder (and playing as imperial units).
Most of the missions will start with the player only having 1 Sardaukar and sometimes not even the Construction Yard, although a MCV will be given with a drop in a few seconds.

Enemy seems to have bigger drops, but the player also gets extra units to compensate.

Smugglers will be present on a few missions, with tons of silos to capture, scout carefull as they also have many units guarding their spice.

Harkonnen mission 9 version 1 contain the Harkonnen as you ally (and a expanded map). Harkonnen mission 9 version 2 has been altered much more, and it is suppose to be much more harder than version 1.

Screenshots:
1686795939_imagen01.thumb.png.1ef86aeda2a846cab4a6dd576dfe16a9.png868505818_imagen02.thumb.png.5ef60d7f0be1b184d0bb5255f297bfa7.png
2137692282_imagen03.thumb.png.0e21a2b9430b5af0979e8d8f4b2ade43.png190290617_imagen04.thumb.png.f3ae6ec46dd998312517f9ff248daf95.png

These screenies are from: 
Player view 1º mission --- Enemy base 3º mission.
Player base 6º mission --- Enemy base 7º Mission.

File:

Harkonnen Campaign harder but as emperor.rar

Unzip and move the files into the data/mission folder which I packaged like that.

If the author see this and want to leave a moment I will give proper credit.

Edited by Cm_blast