Jump to content

STEPS TO GET DUNE 2000 TO LAUNCH IN WINDOWS 10 64 BIT


Septamis
 Share

Recommended Posts

HI ALL ... I HAD A HECK OF A TIME GETTING THIS GAME TO LAUNCH, FIRST MAKE SURE YOUR FIREWALL WILL ALLOW THE GAME TO RUN (AS MINE WAS BLOCKING IT LOL) THEN DO THE FOLLOWING AS YOU MAY SEE AN ERROR THAT SAYS YOUR VIDEO CARD DOES NOT SUPPORT THE RESOLUTION PLEASE CHECK THE CONFIGURATION TOOL (OR ALOMNG THOSE LINES) DO THE FOLLOWING:

1. GO INTO YOUR GRUNTMODS DIRECTORY

2. GO TO YOUR DUNE 2000.EXE FILE AND RIGHT CLICK ON IT TROUBLESHOOT COMPATABILITY

3. WHEN IT ASKS SELECT TROUBLESHOOT PROGRAM

4. SELECT THE FIRST 3 OPTIONS (THE PROGRAM WORKED IN EARLIER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS BUT WONT INSTALL OR RUN - THE PROGRAM OPEN BUT DOES NOT DISPLAY CORRECTLY - THE PROGRAM REQUIRES ADDITIONAL PERMISSIONS.

5. SELECT WINDOWS 8.

6. SELECT THE FOLLOWING BOXES A) ERROR MESSAGE SAYING THE PROGRAM NEEDS TO RUN IN 65536 COLORS OR 16 BIT  COLOR MODE B) PROGRAM STARTS UP IN A SMALL WINDOW (640X480 PIXEL) AND WONT SWITCH TO FULL SCREEN C) PROGRAM DOES NOT DISPLAY PROPERLY WHEN LARGE SCALE FONT SETTINGS ARE SELECTED.

7.  HIT NEXT (IF YOU TEST TO SEE IF SETTINGS WORKED IT MAY COMPLETELY FREEZE AFTER THE FIRST MOVIE CUTSCENE - SO JUST SAVE THE SETTINGS AND RE-LAUNCH THE GRUNTMODS PROGRAM AND LAUNCH THE GAME FROM THERE - IT SHOULD WORK PERFECTLY.

8. TO KEEP THE MOVIES AND SCREEN SIZE LARGE, ENSURE YOU SELECT IN THE CONFIG SETTINGS UNDER VIDEO OPTIONS  - CUTSCENE CHANGE RESOLUTION - WILL KEEP ALL MOVIES FULL SCREEN. I FOUND RESOLUTION 1024X768 TO BE BEST AS GAME PLAY IS ZOOMED IN AT GOOD RATE.

HOPE THIS HELPS - TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT WORKED VERY WELL.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When i tried to launch the game an error message would appear regarding video card not supporting the resolution. . May have been am Nvidia issue.. the above steps worked wonders for me. . Lookingin the forum others have had similar issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's kinda weird you guys are still getting this error, it was fixed long time ago. I guess I have to investigate (or I need to kick gruntlord in the butt so he switches to inno setup) :D

 

@broccolismom

Can you give us some more details about the crash? Is there any error message? What windows? Does it happen in the campaign or online? What are your settings in dune2000config? Does it happen randomly while playing or when you press a certain button?

Provide as many details as possible, there is no way we can help without knowing anything about your exact problem :)

Edited by FunkyFr3sh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

win10 x64. no error messages. it was in campaign. i set res to 1024x768 checked cutscene change resolution and after the third crash i checked enable DxWnd all other settings are default. the dxwnd seems to have fixed the crash. it was just random.

edit. I spoke too soon. intel graphics driver update uma skylake win10 (64-bit) - fxn installed with fxn_2016 intel rst driver for win10/win7 (64-bit) opened game campaign where I left off. crashed no warning within 2 mins. twice then ran about 15 mins before crashing. turned off dxwnd still crashed. what other sort of data can I share is there a log file somewhere

 

Edited by broccolismom
spoke too soon. problem not fixed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2016 at 1:35 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

It's kinda weird you guys are still getting this error, it was fixed long time ago. I guess I have to investigate (or I need to kick gruntlord in the butt so he switches to inno setup) :D

That will never happen :P

Hope we get this resolved soon though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I installed for the first time the game and I get DUNE2000.EXE - Application Error

This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

I followed every steep but cannot get this game to run

I am on Windows 10 64bit PRO insider Preview Build 14971

I hope someone will help me get the game to work

Thx in Advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/9/2016 at 7:10 AM, ASAD said:

Hi everyone, I installed for the first time the game and I get DUNE2000.EXE - Application Error

This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

I followed every steep but cannot get this game to run

I am on Windows 10 64bit PRO insider Preview Build 14971

I hope someone will help me get the game to work

Thx in Advance.

Could be anything... Are the updates even working on the insider preview? Can it download the needed components on demand? Error could be related to directplay and it fails to download the needed files.

Can't you get the final release of win 10?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

exact same error..  dune2000.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)   I have no idea why, I have tried reinstalling it 3 times now, tried -just- the game, tried the game + cutscenes + extra's, nothing works, just this error over and over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2017 at 9:57 PM, Lycanjack said:

exact same error..  dune2000.exe was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)   I have no idea why, I have tried reinstalling it 3 times now, tried -just- the game, tried the game + cutscenes + extra's, nothing works, just this error over and over

@Lycanjack

Check this: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/6792-dune-2k-issues/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2017 at 4:14 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Ok one, gotta thank you a ton, this did help, somehow my avast was blocking it and not telling me it was blocking it, turning avast off let the game launch properly.. but now the issue is on the cutscenes which I let it install, I only get about 1/3 of the screen being used and all it shows is dark purples/black squares and a static-effect, so somethings gone wrong and Im not sure what and also now twice, the game just freezes and can't be closed thanks to fucking windows 10 refusal to let you bring up task manager while the crashing program is still crashing -.-

Edited by Lycanjack
further error
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5.6.2017 at 2:44 PM, Lycanjack said:

Ok one, gotta thank you a ton, this did help, somehow my avast was blocking it and not telling me it was blocking it, turning avast off let the game launch properly.. but now the issue is on the cutscenes which I let it install, I only get about 1/3 of the screen being used and all it shows is dark purples/black squares and a static-effect, so somethings gone wrong and Im not sure what and also now twice, the game just freezes and can't be closed thanks to fucking windows 10 refusal to let you bring up task manager while the crashing program is still crashing -.-

I can't help you with the cutscenes, but you are not the only one with the freezing issue... for some reason setting compatibility mode to Windows 8 improved it for me, but sometimes it still happens. The task manager issue is annoying, but this suggestion works for me: https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27308-game-freezes-and-have-to-restart-computer-again/?do=findComment&comment=393897

Edited by Pherim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

My solutions

1. Goto windows properties 

2.  Check old components and sub menu Direct Play

3. Right click to dune2000 exe.

4. Select compatibility

5. From compability mode select both windows 95 and run 640x480 screen resolution

6. Now you can run dune 2000 exe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I had the same problem (this application was unable to start correctly exc..) 

I solved it like this:

This is caused by missing DirectPlay Instructions[citation needed] Enable DirectPlay in Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Turn Windows Features On or Off->Legacy Components->DirectPlay

Hope this can help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to work through a nasty bug with the game that starts immediately on startup. I get my Intro “Dune 2000” & then shortly after the main menu pops up. But it’s just a black square & I don’t have a cursor. And I can’t shut down the file without shutting down my entire computer & manually rebooting (with the power button). Because the whole computer freezes.
 

Any recommendations??? I had it working but couldn’t get my cutscenes to work so I shut off the backbuffer in the video settings. Could this be my issue & if so is there a way to get my cutscenes working & be able to play the game also??? I don’t have the original disc for the game as I played it way back years ago by borrowing the disc from my older brother. We’ve unfortunately entered into a full blown feud so borrowing anything from him is impossible. 
 

Thank you for taking the time to read this & I hope you guys can help me recover a tiny piece of my youth,

Travis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 12/30/2020 at 12:45 PM, TravtheSlav said:

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to work through a nasty bug with the game that starts immediately on startup. I get my Intro “Dune 2000” & then shortly after the main menu pops up. But it’s just a black square & I don’t have a cursor. And I can’t shut down the file without shutting down my entire computer & manually rebooting (with the power button). Because the whole computer freezes.
 

Any recommendations??? I had it working but couldn’t get my cutscenes to work so I shut off the backbuffer in the video settings. Could this be my issue & if so is there a way to get my cutscenes working & be able to play the game also??? I don’t have the original disc for the game as I played it way back years ago by borrowing the disc from my older brother. We’ve unfortunately entered into a full blown feud so borrowing anything from him is impossible. 
 

Thank you for taking the time to read this & I hope you guys can help me recover a tiny piece of my youth,

Travis

I'm having this same issue. If I disable cutscenes, it works. If I enable cutscenes, as soon as the intro finishes, I get a blank screen and have to sign out or restart to quit the program. In case this detail also matters, the cutscenes stop working if I set the application language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...