Dune II: Version Discussion

X3M

Thus I wonder if the enemy keeps sending units. Perhaps infinite? You could test if the enemy has infinite units.

I still remember how 2 quads in mission 3 would suddenly stand still. And they blocked all the other units behind them. I counted about 50 units back then forming a line between my base and the AI base. I can't reproduce that bug though, nor find pictures about it on internet.

The game has some rare, unexpected bugs that are hard to reproduce. Some time ago someone here in the forums posted a saved game of a late HK mission where a player-owned Devastator would for no apparent reason head off on its own to attack the enemy base.

I have seen that one too. But it was a Siege Tank.

There are a lot of games where 1 unit or a couple do something different then the order you have given.

Warzone2100 is such example where a lot of times, 1 unit moves to the target instead of just firing upon it. Very annoying if you are a hit n run player. But with that game I have learned a way around it.

Also reading the Siege Tank thing - the hardcoding was bugged in a way that if you played Atreides on level 5 and captured heavy factory, you could upgrade it up to siege tank. That's because the exception was written based on the house you were playing, rather than house the building belonged to (i.e. upgrade level was 2, and no Launcher, so going directly to Siege Tank).

• 9 months later...