Ornithopters

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

As Ordos I built the atriedies high tech factory, upgraded it, and the ornithopters loaded, and then I clicked on it, and the blue attack cursor came up, and it worked. This is having the ornithopters prerequisite set to any high tech factory.

Hard coded bullshit.

• 3 months later...

As Ordos I built the atriedies high tech factory, upgraded it, and the ornithopters loaded, and then I clicked on it, and the blue attack cursor came up, and it worked. This is having the ornithopters prerequisite set to any high tech factory.

Hard coded bullshit.

I don't think its hardcoded, I think I got it working at one point. You seem to be doing well in the other topics, so keep trying!

• 1 year later...

tl;dr IN HIGH TECH FACTORY, BYTE92=10 ENABLES AIR STRIKES, as long as you make sure Ornithopters are available to your house (set their faction owners and prerequisite to normal High Tech factory). I also setup the Upgrade function, but you might not even need that.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! I figured it out.

It is Byte92 for the High Tech Factories. I made sure Ornithopters were available to all houses (except other, didn't bother to add "Other" to the unit's house availability list), then I went to Ordos High Tech factory and made UpgradeTechLevel=6 (instead of -1), THEN, while getting drunk, I scanned all 3 of the faction's High Tech Factory ByteXX= entries.

I believe that Byte92 is the switch for enabling the Ornithopter airstrike for any faction's High Tech Factory. You see, the Atreidies High Tech factory had Byte91= set to "10", where as the Harkonnen and Ordos had their factorie's byte92= set to "9". So I set Ordos Byte92=10 and tried out mission 9 of Ordos campaign, I built High Tech Factory then upgraded it, and there it was! The Ornithopters were loading for me, and when they finished? I clicked on that support power, and got the blue attack mouse cursor, and was able to click anywhere on the map and BOOOOM!!!! Attack squadron of three Ornithopters came flying in for a bombing run! Woohooo!

*Plays "Ride of the Valkyries"*

This is one small step for me, and one giant leap for Ornithopter kind.